How do you like your eggs?

. . . from chickens. Un/fertilized is not the answer we're looking for here :)

I've never really known how to cook eggs, beyond scrambled and hard boiled. So that's all I made and ate. Now that I'm branching out, I can also make over easy! Which I also enoy, especially with toast :) So, how do you make your eggs in the morning? Or evening, for that matter?

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Omelet:

2 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    Mushrooms
    Spinach leaves
    1 oz sharp cheddar or feta cheese
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    tumblr_mxiwnh1LuL1qk71jeo2_400.gif
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    sunny side up, doused in pepper and garlic powder, maybe a bit of ketchup for the white
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    I like eggs made just about any way.

Here's my fav for an omelet....

At the grocery store I go to, they have diced ham in little cubes. They also have diced green peppers and onions in the veggie area. So, I sauté those in a pan for a bit, then pour 2-3 whisked eggs over the top, periodically move things around a bit then let it cook, throw a handful of shredded cheese in the middle, flip it in half and put it on a plate. YUM.

I also like fried eggs "over medium" - to me that means "just until the whites are cooked." Depending on if I want them on the plate or on toast will dictate whether or not I'll break the yolk and how "done" the yolk gets.

You can make you're own "breakfast burrito" or "breakfast taco" with some cheese, diced green peppers, onions, little crumbled sausage, and eggs. Some places will put potatoes and/or rice in it. Not a fan of that, but that's just me. I've even seen people put those on plates, and pour salsa over it.

For what it's worth....
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Omelet:

2 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    Mushrooms
    Spinach leaves
    1 oz sharp cheddar or feta cheese

This with maybe some sliced red pepper and a little chorizo
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Scrambled and well done. Runny yolks make me queasy.
  • gieshagirl
    gieshagirl Posts: 102 Member
    nonstick pan...fried...over medium (white done but yoke runny) dash of salt and wheat toast to sop the yoke!
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    olive oil
    italian herb
    garlic salt
    over medium-well (just a little runny yolk)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    I will eat any non-jiggling egg. I love them! Nearly every day I fry them with some cheddar and eat them on a piece of bread. Special days I put them on an asiago bagel.
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    vegetarian fed, omega 3, free range. Scrambled with chopped kale and grass fed spicy sausage.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    3 egg omellete with roasted veggies inside, any and all veggies. Its good. I know this is going to sound weird...but a small amount of A1's spicy steak sauce on top.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    My boyfriend adds sour cream and cheese to my eggs when he scrambles them, it makes them light and fluffy and super delicious. I like to make them fried over easy, then put them on half a bagel with some cheese and tomato.

Have you had eggs benedict? I've never tried to make them that way but my bf's dad makes them like that for me sometimes and it's amaze-balls.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Scrambled with turkey bacon on the side
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Love my eggs over easy or soft-boiled. Fried eggs are so versatile--I love them in sandwiches or in oatmeal . . . I don't add a lot of seasoning to my eggs unless they're scrambled, but I love my scrambled eggs with green peppers, onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper, cheese, and garlic. Oh, and toss a little salsa on those puppies, too. ;) mmmmmmm . . .
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Over easy, Over medium, on sandwiches, in salads, hard boiled, scrambled, in an omlette, in a scramble, in a hash....in cakes, in pies, on pizza, over spaghetti (http://www.marthastewart.com/338335/spaghetti-with-frisee-and-fried-egg)
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    whole eggs and egg whites, baby spinach, pepper, a sprinkle of any cheese I have, usually goat, 'shrooms, onions.

BUT, I like them any way, and my absolute favorite eggs is Benedict and sometimes Florentine. Love that Hollandaise.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Breakfast in 5 minutes:

Take one whole egg and a glug of egg white from a carton.

In a wide shallow bowl, put some veg - sliced mushrooms, handful of spinach, chopped peppers, whatever's in the fridge.

Microwave for 30 seconds to soften.

Crack in the egg and the whites, and whisk till fluffy. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Back in the micro for 60 seconds.

Stir.

Add some slivers of cheese if calories allow.

Micro for another 30 seconds, or until at the desired firm/ creamy consistency.

You can use 2 eggs if you like instead of the white mix, that's just what I've found works best for my macros. Chopped ham, chicken or suasage works well in the mixture too.

Eat straight from the bowl to save washing up.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    over easy or scrambled - two cooked in butter.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Scrambled and well done. Runny yolks make me queasy.

Same here.

Deviled eggs are yummy too.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Eggs benedict over jalapeno crab cakes. YUMMMMMMMMMMM
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Scrambled topped with cottage cheese, garlic powder and tomato sauce. Sounds weird, but it's AWESOME. And full of protein.
    I also sometimes top them with salsa, taco seasoning and sliced almonds instead of the sauce/garlic powder.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    My boyfriend adds sour cream and cheese to my eggs when he scrambles them, it makes them light and fluffy and super delicious. I like to make them fried over easy, then put them on half a bagel with some cheese and tomato.

Have you had eggs benedict? I've never tried to make them that way but my bf's dad makes them like that for me sometimes and it's amaze-balls.

Oh my bloody heaven! Sour cream, the magic word.

If you want to cheat on the Hollandaise, get Knorr's brand Hollandaise mix; it's in the spices and gravies section in the supermarket. It takes a whole stick of butter! That's one of those once a year meals.
  • Any which way they come. Fried, scrambled, omelette, poached, hard boiled, soft boiled, baked, coddled, devilled... I could eat eggs until the cows come home.

Favourite is poached, usually on toast, or as part of eggs benedict for breakfast. Least favourite is fried - they either have crunchy brown bits on the bottom that I don't particularly like, or they're done in so much oil they are really greasy and slippery.
  • jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Poached, more yolk than white, in a frying pan of simmering water until the white is cooked and the yolk is still runny, served on wholemeal toast with a scrape of salty butter and lots of brown sauce. Yummy scrummy in my tummy :)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    I like mine with a kiss!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    At home I normally make the sunny side up and put them in a sandwich with some cheese and a couple slice of deli meat. Lately though, I've been making baked egg cups and use Oscar Mayer deli fresh turkey or chicken. They're cut thin and round so they work perfectly. I use 1 or 2 slices for each cup.

http://ohsnapletseat.com/2013/01/14/a-paleo-breakfast-baked-eggs-in-ham-cups/

I really like poached but never make them that way myself for some reason...it's one of those things I only have when I'm at my mother's house. They must be made with love! LOL!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    I always thought over easy or over medium eggs were gross, until I started eating them with Korean food and now I love them.

However, scrambled eggs are one of my top 3 favorite foods. I usually like to fry them in canola spray into a disc shape and eat it rolled up with sauce, or on a taco, but fluffy traditional type scrambles are awesome too. I like hard-boiled as well.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Boiled and in my handbag. Seriously - I like boiled eggs as a quick protein snack so usually take one with me boiled wrapped in foil with a little salt and pepper. Just great when my energy is flagging and it's time for a snack.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Scrambled with cheese and a side of chicken fried steak and white gravy plus a stack of pancakes......(Oh, did I say that out loud?!)
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Sunny side up with some wheat bread for dipping :)