breakfast

Options
I usually eat the same breakfast, which is either sausage and egg whites or two fiber bread with two tbs of pb. What do you guys eat for breakfast?

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Double espresso.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Eggs, sausage, bacon, butter.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I normally skip it on the weekdays and opt for a more brunch timing on the weekends. Cooking in the morning sounds awful to me. So when I have an early meal, it's normally a flax bun with taylor ham, egg, cheese, and tomato or some scrambled eggs with scallions and tomatoes. Sometimes I have a flax muffin with sweetened cream cheese. I like having that extra boost of fiber, and I think it's delicious!
  • Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Can't do without my coffee, but my boss (and weight loss/weightlifting mentor) got me on the meat and nut breakfast....some type of lean meat and a handful of almonds or cashews....does the trick :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been on a protein shake kick. Protein powder, Greek yogurt, and fruit.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Meat and cashews? Interesting. I've been in fitness for over 35 years and I've never heard that one for breakfast. Weird.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I usually have an egg taco with chipotle sauce, boiled egg and toast or bagel thin (various toppings), or Greek yogurt and/or oats.

Today I had a taco made with leftover egg whites (from a recipe I made last night), small flour tortilla and green tomato relish.

Always to accompany the above: a cup of coffee with a splash of milk or almond milk.
  • midnightjogger
    midnightjogger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Niormally a package of oatmeal,or cottage cheese w/ cinamon and apples, or my favorite is yogurt with frozen sweet cherries.:happy:
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    during bulk: 3 eggs and 1 cup egg whites (scrambled w/1 tbsp heavy cream and cooked in 1 tbsp coconut oil), 1/2 avocado and 1 cup oats
    during shred: 2 eggs and 1 cup egg whites (scrambled w/water and cooekd in 2/3 tbso coconut oil), and 1/2 cup berries

I eat 6 meals a day during both stages and this is my meal one.
  • beleeLafter
    Options
    What don't I eat for breakfast?!?!?!? I love that business!!!! Sometimes I have it twice a day :P

I often have eggs.....hard boiled, scrambled with feta........over easy.........omelets with ham or bacon pieces, feta, and veg, bacon, turkey bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, french toast, toast with goat cheese or butter or PB2, oatmeal.....with fruit.......cocoa powder or PB2, smoothies, cereals...........when I splurge a little I will have breakfast pizza, chocolate croissant, or some other delish pastry!

Can you tell that breakfast is my fave???
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Workdays, coffee and a granola bar. Non-work days, same things if I'm feeling exceptionally lazy. Otherwise I'll play with oatmeal or cream of wheat, or eggs with toast and possibly bacon. Or leftover pizza, if there happens to be any. I have pizza once or twice a month, and it very rarely works out that there are any leftovers on the weekend. Which is a shame, because leftover pizza is the absolute winner of breakfast.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    FRENCH TOAST - almost every day......Yummmmmmm.......
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or a protein smoothie with ff cottage cheese, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, choc protein powder and whatever fruit is in the freezer. Also, egg with three extra egg whites scrambled with onions and bell peppers. If I have an avocado, I'll mix it in there too.
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and fruit or cottage cheese and fruit or scrambled eggs with spinach.
  • Lilenatalem
    Lilenatalem Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you are not eating the egg yolks? They are SO good for you. I eat probably 2 dozen eggs a week myself with no regrets!

But yeah Everyday usually I eat 2-3 eggs sometimes just sunny side up with a peice of whole grain toast, and on my no carb days I do scrambled with spinach, eggs, sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese.

Sometimes I crack and egg into a ring of green pepper, then cover with salsa when it's done.

I also love yogurt, cottage cheese, and oat meal (REAL oatmeal not the instant stuff)
  • Saarrr21
    Saarrr21 Posts: 1
    Options
    Oatmeal made with greek yoghurt, chia seeds and honey soaked overnight. And most of the time I ate a piece of fruit with it.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites
    one 50 cal string cheese - chopped
    2 oz. breakfast sausage (hot)
    tablespoon dried onion
    salt & pepper

Scramble it all up (the cheese melts ruiight in) - about 300 calories
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    one egg mixed with one cup of egg beaters. Sometimes some boiled potato cubes with salt and pepper. 2 pieces of whole wheat toast. Sometimes some jam.
  • primetime2180
    primetime2180 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, regular oatmeal and half a avocado with siracha sauce. Every morning, after my 4 mile run.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    oatmeal and flax seed with 1TB protein powder, 1/4c of nuts, 1/4 c 1% lactaid milk, and a banana. It's 473 calories.