nutrition tablets

Options
I am a vegitarian and I'm afraid that while restricting my calories that Ill become lacking in certain nutrients. Can anyone recommend a nutrient supplement tablet that gives me Iron, vitamins and other minerals?

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    There are no FDA approved supplements. I would recommend eating the foods that contain the elements that you're missing. I'm a vegetarian and eating at 1,500 calories. I get more than enough iron, b vitamins, and other micronutrients from my food.
  • loveless_me
    loveless_me Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What do you eat for Iron? I would usually eat a vegetarian lasagna (Made with brocolli/spinnich, peppers, and onions as the filling) But all the cheese on top cannot be good :/ I think Its a bit too fattening nowadays so I avoid it. I dont actually like dark green vegetables so I dont know where to get iron now :/ (I used to get some Iron from chocolate too XD ) Can you have a look at my food diary and give me some advice on what I should change?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You’d be amazed how many foods are fortified with iron. A lot of veggie burgers and things contain load of iron. Check the labels on all beans, seeds, lentils, and legumes. I do eat a lot of dark, leafy vegetables and vegetarian mock meats (Morningstar, gardein, plain-old-tofu) have more iron than you probably realize.