*PSA* You will get all kinds...

Options
UsedToBeHusky
UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
... when you post on a public internet forum.

Some people will be tactful, some won't.

Some people will sugar-coat their responses, some won't.

Some people will take you seriously, some won't.

Some will make a joke at your expense, some won't.

What many people consider rude is just an attempt to be playful. You have the following options for responding to these posts:

A. Ignore it.
B. Play along.
C. Take offense.
D. Retort with an insult.

A is a good option because the responder will likely abandon their attempts to illicit a response from you. B is an excellent option and might garner you new friends. C is less than ideal because it is a negative reaction, and if the responder likes the negative attention, may continue to jibe. D is the least preferable as returning offense only lowers you to the responders level.

This has been a public service announcement for dealing with people on the internet.

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    E. ragequit.

E is a good option, because if you require a ragequit, you likely aren't cut out for the internet.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    E. ragequit.

E is a good option, because if you require a ragequit, you likely aren't cut out for the internet.

:laugh:

Well I was hoping to deter the ragequit, but if you are a fan...
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    E. ragequit.

:laugh:

Well I was hoping to deter the ragequit, but if you are a fan...

I'm definitely a fan of the ragequit. I try not to be, but can't help it.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I like watching the rage quit... and then the comeback of shame personally...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    "Screaming profanity at the screen" was not listed. :smokin:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    E. ragequit.

high-five-o.gif
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    portal-2-high-five-o.gif
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy judging people for judging people who judge people because they assume they know everything about the people they are judging in the chicfila thread to be involved in this one...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

this, definitely this. And, you can usually tell who they are when they come back, because of their writing and things they say.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

this, definitely this. And, you can usually tell who they are when they come back, because of their writing and things they say.

That's true... if I ever actually did ragequit and come back, I'm pretty sure EVERYONE would know it was me. :laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

This is a good option because no-one on the internet knows if you did that or not. It's also a good thing to do in response to reading some of the unbelievably stupid posts here. This is a much better knee-jerk reaction to the internet than actually *typing* it and clicking "post reply".

Then choose from the options listed in the OP. Thus your temper problem and/or inability to suffer fools gladly is forever hidden from the interwebz.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

This is a good option because no-one on the internet knows if you did that or not. It's also a good thing to do in response to reading some of the unbelievably stupid posts here. This is a much better knee-jerk reaction to the internet than actually *typing* it and clicking "post reply".

Then choose from the options listed in the OP. Thus your temper problem and/or inability to suffer fools gladly is forever hidden from the interwebz.

This option doesn't work so well in an office setting though.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    can't we just complain about people we don't like on our feeds or in groups like normal people?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    can't we just complain about people we don't like on our feeds or in groups like normal people?

but then you, er, I mean THEY will know who we are talking about, duh......
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I've tried that... snitches be *****es!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    post-26450-I-love-you-random-citizen-gif-9fWx.gif

ETA: There are options when I read things I don't like?