Yes, 1650 diets work!

Options
I'm a 5'3.5" female. I started off at 170 lbs June 20th 2013 after my 6 week postpartum check up. I like turtles. Sometimes, I eat bacon for breakfast. You know, whatever gets me to my macro / micro targets. I ate 1650 net. So, exercise days I'd eat closer to 1900. Lost about 1 lb a week. Some might think that's not fast enough but hey, it's not a race. I didn't get here in a few months, so I knew I should give myself more than a few months to bounce back from it. I'm maintaining around 2300 calories.

I'd like to think strength training and eating a decent calorie amount for being a tiny female helped me to retain muscle mass and helped me look leaner than if I had starved myself on 1200 calories for 9 months instead. Eating more and losing less per week on average isn't about not having the willpower to starve myself to reach a scale weight goal. It was about learning to make sustainable habits for myself, get in better shape, and get healthy. Here's to you who are doing the slow and steady, winning the race game. Let the gifs begin!

ip1hmv.gif

Replies