hi :) i think its time to make some friends

Options
d0v3r13
d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
Hi guys, i've been a forum lurker for a week or two now, and a regular MFP Diary user for the last month and a half. i've had an account for a few years, but, well, you know.

this last month and a half has been the most successful time of my life. i'm so thankful for the resources available to me, from MFP and the fantastic database it has of food and nutritional info, to the forums with great ideas and awesome inspirations, to the gym i go to and their awesome kickass classes, and finally to the awesome running group i found locally that started me on this journey in the first place.

i think its time to get to know a few people. i've lost 16 pounds since april 27th and still going strong. i'm beyond excited about what is happening to me. and i've become addicted to gym classes. i'm also a runner as of october of last year and have run two 5k's and two half marathons. i'm not sure what my goal weight is, but my goal life is to be healthy and active and an example to my two kids.

Replies

• kanona_42
    kanona_42 Posts: 8
    Options
    @ileenegilkins I'm looking for some friends on the forum as well. I'm working on starting a family with the hubs (we've been married less than a year) and I'm trying to get healthy so pregnancy is easier on my body, and so the babes get adequate nutrition while incubating! I also want to be able to set a good example for my kids when they get here!!

I've lost 3 lbs since starting this a week ago, but am looking for some exercise motivation, as it's not my fave thing to do. (I prefer fiber arts, and if I could find a way to knit and walk without getting hit by a car, I would!)

Wanna friend?
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    haha :smile: i do want to be friends. i personally prefer to crochet but i absolutely agree with the sentiment.

good for you. (i have one broken key on this keyboard and its the exclamation mark, very annoying) i had to start focusing on the weight loss after the pregnancies because they were both kind of surprises :ohwell: but it was the same inspiration, being a good example to them :smile:
  • beastchick78
    beastchick78 Posts: 109
    Options
    Friends are great! I like to entertain myself with some of them ;)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm just here to see people that need some friends. I'm kind of quiet and socially awkward.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I am here for friendships and gifs.
  • Butterbeknown
    Options
    FEEL FREE TO ADD ME
  • pookeyism
    pookeyism Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think the best goal is to be healthy. I have not updated my profile but I am back after about 20 lbs gain from severely dislocating my shoulder last December. Keep up the healthy living and the weight will come off. Good luck. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, I'm always logging in and love to help give motivation to others!
  • liz_walkerrr
    liz_walkerrr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OP, I will add you.
    Everyone else feel free to add me too! I lost 15 pounds having only one friend on here.. But, I feel like it's time to have some motivation from others!
  • FitWifey79
    FitWifey79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome!! Keep at it :) You have a whole website of MFP'ers here to support you in your journey :wink:
  • leaf206
    leaf206 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    me to guys started yesterday .I really struggled through the years with weight . last year I was at my slimist .and put it all back on again . would love people to add me for idea s and support . im not very good with calories and so on . my last weight loss i just exercised for 2 hours daily . this time im hoping to speed thing up as im tired of the weight ,
  • muppet1501
    muppet1501 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    added. Anyone else is free to add me too
  • Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I'm here often.
  • WakeUpAndWrap
    Options
    hi :) I'm new here too... we should be friends!! good luck and keep up the hard work... check out my group WakeUpandWrap :)
  • beastchick78
    beastchick78 Posts: 109
    Options
    FEEL FREE TO ADD ME

Haha, stop being a friend collector Butter :wink: