900 cals meal ideas please

can anyone suggest any healthy and easy lunches and dinner meals, please? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hi

I suggest you start with your favorite meals and make them Healthier version 2.0

like, replacing fried items with baked one, fried eggs with boiled eggs or egg whites, replacing white bread with whole wheat or whole grain, more vegetables, more fruit, more legumes and pulses.

You will have to cook your own meals and measure, measure, measure in order to ensure you are eating at a deficit (calories burned > calories ingested)

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Google it
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Google it

I love you and I don't even know you
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Google it

I love you and I don't even know you

Ha ha ...of course u love me I'm cool like u
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    8 oz chicken breast and 4 cookies.
  • NancyKhuu
    NancyKhuu Posts: 87 Member
    900 cals is very decent, if not a lot, for a meal. What are your concerns? I can understand if you're trying to keep your meal under 300 or 500 each, but 900?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,243 Member
    Or are you saying your daily total is 900 calories and you need meal ideas??

I hope not.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    There is also a website where you can enter the calories and macros that you desire for a meal, and it will give you a recipe that fits them or is at least pretty close to it. I cannot remember what it is called, but I am sure you can do some creative googling and find it. I think it is a pretty cool concept.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
  • SaebraSpirit
    SaebraSpirit Posts: 150 Member
    900 cals is very decent, if not a lot, for a meal. What are your concerns? I can understand if you're trying to keep your meal under 300 or 500 each, but 900?

Not everyone here is trying to lose weight, some are maintaining or gaining :P

Anyways I suggest a giant steak salad! With blue cheese, bell peppers, spinach ya know just throw together what works best ;)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Start with a protein food, then add fat (unless the protein food has a significant amount of fat already) then add a couple of servings of fruit or veggies, then make up the remaining calories from the carbohydrate food of your choice (or fat and carb food if you prefer and it fits your macros). 900 cals is a lot for one meal, so you should start with a fairly large serving of the protein food.

That's how I plan my meals.

BTW I'm assuming you mean a meal of 900 cals... if 900 cals is your daily total, then that's way too little, and you should reassess your calories.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,035 Member

This is awesome!
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    One of my favourite dinners that tends to come to about that is chicken fajitas. I use mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, fajita spice mix and chicken for the filling then add cheese, guacamole and low fat soured cream. I usually have about 4 small tortilla wraps worth. Healthy and oh so yummy! Id eat it more often if my OH wasnt such a picky eater!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member

This is so cool!!
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    There are tons, check out the "recipes" board! Most people will post the calories.

What is your intended goal with the 900 cal meals?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Google it

arrogant and unhelpful

your parents must be proud!

At least hers pointed the OP in a general direction and encouraged them to take ownership of their own diet.

Your comment is just a violation of forum rules.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    take an 450 cal mean and eat 2 portions
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Start with a protein food, then add fat (unless the protein food has a significant amount of fat already) then add a couple of servings of fruit or veggies, then make up the remaining calories from the carbohydrate food of your choice (or fat and carb food if you prefer and it fits your macros). 900 cals is a lot for one meal, so you should start with a fairly large serving of the protein food.

BTW I'm assuming you mean a meal of 900 cals... if 900 cals is your daily total, then that's way too little, and you should reassess your calories.

This!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 229 Member
    Healthy version of favorite foods. Eat healthy and measure - don't guess. Lots of foods out there that are high in what we need and low in calories.
  • newoutlook2014
    newoutlook2014 Posts: 68 Member

no, my daily allowance is 1,800. that includes the extra calories I earn with exercise, and is how much I can eat and lose the weight I want. I thought it easier to eat 2 main meals with no snacks, so split the calories into 2
  • newoutlook2014
    newoutlook2014 Posts: 68 Member

I like this very much. Thank you. Start with a protein and build on it. my daily is actually about 1,800. I was going to split into 2 meals.. brunch and dinner