freezing protein shakes over night?

Options
angel_une
angel_une Posts: 13 Member
So I get up for work at 5 am and I start at 6. I take my lunch hour to workout at 10am and I am back to my desk a little before 11am. I want to know is it ok to freeze your protein shake overnight? will it still be good the next day? I have been thinking about doing a frozen strawberry, banana, spinach, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and vanilla protein for my post workout shake. But I dont want to waste my money if its not going to be any good if I freeze it. I cant blend my drinks in the morning because I cant wake up my house, we have a 5 month old and its summer so the older kids are also sleeping. That and my dog hates the sound of the ninja lol. So please any help is much appreciated!

Replies

• Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That's totally fine, I freeze mine all the time. Just be sure to take it out a while before you workout, because that sucker will be impossible to eat unless it has some time to thaw.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I used to freeze mine all the time. I'd make 5 smoothies on Sunday and then take one a day to work. They taste almost as good as fresh, although they're not quite as good. Just make sure you take it out of the freezer first thing in the morning. It's going to take 4 to 6 hours to completely thaw.
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I freeze mine all the time too. I like them slushy like a chocolate milkshake. It works just fine for me.
  • angel_une
    angel_une Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, now I just need to find some good shake ideas to make them taste good.