Weird combos....that worked

Options
So sometimes I get weird cravings....sometimes they work out...sometimes they don't. But I am trying to work on not judging myself so much and just going with cravings, so figure I would share some for me that were so weird, but worked. And it be fun to hear some of your guys too.

Yesterday got craving to spread grape jelly and mustard on toast...AMAZING!

Butternut squash puree, spinach, and tuna in wrap

Peas in oatmeal with cayenne pepper

What you got?

Replies

• SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    On the very rare occasions I go to McDonald's, I like getting a plain McFlurry (just a pot of ice cream basically) and dipping my fries in it. The hot saltiness is a perfect contrast to the cold sweetness! Not very unusual maybe, but not the norm, as everyone I mention it to looks disgusted, lol.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    I put ketchup in my chicken noodle soup and people think I'm weird for doing that. It just turns it into tomato chicken noodle, I don't get the big deal!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Maple bacon milkshake.

OMG.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options

Sounds awesome!
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Sounds awesome!

I could get down with this for sure.
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Sounds awesome!

Intriguing! I'm going to have to try that.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit and avocado salad.

Also, I just made a lavender honey ice cream, which I was afraid would taste like soap, but it is actually a nice subtle flavor!
  • cokefloat1
    cokefloat1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Woohoo @ Steampunksong!!!! Someone that finally understands a mcflurry and fries :happy:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I put ketchup in my chicken noodle soup and people think I'm weird for doing that. It just turns it into tomato chicken noodle, I don't get the big deal!

I don't like chicken noodle soup but that doesn't sound crazy to me. I am not a big ketchup fan in general but I REALLY like ketchup in brown beans...similar thing, it makes the bean juice tomato-y and delicious. I also love ketchup on green beans, always have.

One more ketchup thing actually...my husband made some yummy wheat spaghetti with TVP recently, but the tomato sauce he used was not quite enough for the amount of spaghetti so it was super dry. I mixed about 2 tsp of olive oil mayo and 1 tsp of ketchup on my portion, mixed it in with the noodles, and it was delish. Sounds gross though, I know.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Woohoo @ Steampunksong!!!! Someone that finally understands a mcflurry and fries :happy:

Youre_awesome_gif.gif
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Maple bacon milkshake.

OMG.

Excuuuuuuuse me?
    Where can I find one of these beautiful creations?
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    On the very rare occasions I go to McDonald's, I like getting a plain McFlurry (just a pot of ice cream basically) and dipping my fries in it. The hot saltiness is a perfect contrast to the cold sweetness! Not very unusual maybe, but not the norm, as everyone I mention it to looks disgusted, lol.
    Google chip butty..lol
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    a serving of unflavored pea protein powder with a little water, mashed with half a banana makes a delicious, high protein, sweet breakfast hummus that is perfect to spread/pile on toast. add green powder for bonus nutrition points or almond butter for healthy fat!
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I like All-Bran cereal mixed with applesauce and maple syrup. :) Yummmm
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    All my relatives thought a salad of broccoli florets, halved grapes and chopped walnuts with home made dressing was crazy until they ate it. Now they all love when I fix that.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it works but I was a restaurant for lunch today. They had a hamburger that had peanut butter and jelly in it. I didn't try it though, stayed safe with ahi tuna. Tempted to go back and try it one day though.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    BBQ sauce on noodles.

I know...I know.....
  • LifeWithPie
    Options
    I don't know if it works but I was a restaurant for lunch today. They had a hamburger that had peanut butter and jelly in it. I didn't try it though, stayed safe with ahi tuna. Tempted to go back and try it one day though.

Is this the new trendy burger thing? My sister had one a few weeks ago. She loved it!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Maple cupcakes with crumbled bacon on top. OH THE GOODNESS
  • LifeWithPie
    Options
    All my relatives thought a salad of broccoli florets, halved grapes and chopped walnuts with home made dressing was crazy until they ate it. Now they all love when I fix that.

I think that sounds delightful!