I guess I'll try this....

Options
lal293
lal293 Posts: 5 Member
Hi my name is Lalie. I have been loosing weight for about 2.5 years now and am at my last 15 lb.s. I keep losing motivation and end up gaining 10-20 lb.s back. I have done this yo-yoing for the last 1.5 years and I am finally sick and tired of gain and loosing the same 10-20 lb.s. I was hoping that some one on here would have any ideas on how to lose the weight keep it off without feeling like I have to starve myself. Also I could just use the motivation and the accountability. Personality wise I am an all or nothing person and tend to throw in the towel if I have felt like I have messed up (thus the regaining of the 10-20 lb.s;). All ideas and thoughts are welcome! Thanks:smile:

Replies

• cicerojfaraday
    Options
    I set punishments for myself if I don't reach my dietary or exercise goals. If I miss the gym or don't get my calories right, I have to sleep outside and don't get any electronics the next day.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Punishments aren't necessary. in my opinion diets fail because we get super serious about them then eventually burn out and binge.

Don't burn out and binge, allow yourself to have a treat once in a while and if you have a bad day once in a while that's ok. It took years of bad days adding up to get to this point, watching your calories and counting properly will solve this problem.

I'm not going to lie there have been several times on this diet so far where I had a "bad day" but i'm still lighter than when I'm started and still on the right path to lose weight. Remember weight loss isn't a straight path, there's lots of pot holes, lakes, ladders and falls where you just have to get back up and keep going.

Shoot for a weight loss goal of 1lb to .5 per week. Not much will change and you'll feel great over time. remember 1 lb per week is 4 lbs a month or 48 lbs per year, that's awesome in my book.
  • sawxmonstah
    Options
    Just started to use MFP in earnest this past January after a bit of a health scare. I was finally in the right frame of mind to not "lose weight" but to actually make ongoing & permanent healthier life choices for myself. (Which actually resulted in weight loss! BONUS!)

I would remind you to remember several things:

1. Why are you doing this?
    2. The motivation of others is truly a powerful force! If you don't already, share your goal with those around as well as the progress. (I lost out on this one for a few months as I made my journey quietly)
    3.How good it feels to see the small results of your work on the way to a greater goal..
    4. Healthier life choices are a marathon... Not a sprint!
    5.MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! Don't expect perfection from yourself!!! Allow the "cheat" meal from time to time (Weekly) and ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF IT!

From your post it sounds like you have the ability to do this and will achieve your goal! Thumbs up!

Best of luck in your journey!