Argh! I can't eat enough!

Options
So I started by trying to lose 2lbs a week which put me on a 1250cal a day diet. I've been doing this for about 6 weeks now and lost 7lbs which isn't bad in my opinion but I've started exercising and don't really mind if the weight loss is a bit slower (I'm aiming for a lifestyle change more than rapid weight loss).

I've stalled on the weight loss but am losing inches which is great but having decided to slow the weight loss I'm now being told to eat 1720cals a day. Problem is that I've now got used to having a diet that fills me up on 1250cals a day I don't know what extra to eat without feeling bloated!

Day usually starts with yoghurt and granola which keeps me going to about 11:30am. Then have an apple to keep me going to 1pm. A sandwich (chicken salad - no mayo *yuck!*) and an orange then dinner when I get home which is around 600cals per meal.

Combine this with an hour workout and I'm finding it really difficult to figure out how to eat back the calories without eating unhealthily.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• warrio1010
    warrio1010 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I dunno what you eat for dinner but I only see two fruits/veggies there. Eat more fruits and veggies. If you want to eat more calories but you feel you don't want to eat more then eat calorie dense foods, add olive oil to your dinner or something, eat a chocolate bar.

There are very few foods which are inherently 'unhealthy', rather, the whole diet must be taken into account.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    How the hell can you be full on 1250 calories? Literally my meals are all 1500+ calories. Blowing my mind. What are you eating? Pounds of lettuce?
  • cokefloat1
    cokefloat1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Haha, it's become quite an art to find food that fills me. The sandwich is pretty packed. Half a pepper, 1/8 cucumber and about 3 leaves of lettuce plus chicken breast. The other thing is for the majority I'm sat on my butt in front of a computer so general calorie burn is fairly low besides my exercise in the evening.

Today for example, I had what I described for brekkie and lunch and had a quorn chilli when I got home with rice (also contained a large amount of kidney beans, pepper (again!) and onion). Also had a small snack of nuts and dried fruit. My total calorie consumption for all of that comes to 1549 cals.

Done an hour of exercise measured by heart rate monitor and taking into account bmr burned 589 cals.

That means my net consumption for the day is 960 cals. To reach my goal for the day I need to find another 760 cals :grumble:

I guess I could add olive oil to my dinner but I don't want slop! :laugh:

What I would like to find is something that is nutritious and high calorie. Given I've had a portion of nuts already (no funny jokes please!) I don't want to eat any more of those. Any recommendations?!?
  • cokefloat1
    Options
    Oh I should add that during the day I only drink water. No fizzy drinks generally
  • laols01
    laols01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Avacado, hard boiled eggs, veggies dipped in hummus (I like mine spicy and add hot sauce!), sweet potato with a sprinkle of brown sugar, peanut butter on apple slices or celery, cheese slices...all quite filling and nutrient or protein dense.
  • cokefloat1
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, forgot about hummus. Mmmm, hummus!