Soda Vs Sparkling Water

Options
I am trying to quit drinking soda. I drink a decent amount of Diet Pepsi each day and am wondering if stepping down to sparkling flavored water is just as bad as soda?

Replies

• CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about flavored seltzer or that flavored fizzy water that has artificial sweetner in it?
  • sepatown410
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I was in a similar boat to start. I used to drink about 2 liters of regular Coke or Pepsi a day. I'm now down to 1 (or sometimes 2) cans of Diet Pepsi a day for a little caffeine, since I normally don't drink coffee. This is how I got there, very slowly.
    1. Started drinking diet instead of regular. (This was by far the hardest step. The rest was easy in comparison, so you're already there.)
    2. Started making 1/2 of the Diet Pepsi I purchased Caffeine Free. Still drank the same amount for the moment, but switched back and forth to help lower my caffeine dependency.
    3. Started drinking more water and less soda, and switched to buying cans (since the bottles were going flat, a nice little victory there.)
    4. Once I got down to only 2-3 cans per day, dropped the caffeine-free variety and just stuck with approximately 2 cans of Diet per day.

Now I only drink the stuff when I need a little caffeine (not every day), or when I'm eating something that just seems to go better with a soda than anything else. I'm happy drinking 1 or 2 cans a day, don't plan on cutting myself totally off. But if you do, you probably can take that last step once you get there.

Good luck!