Diet issues

WAS IT HARD FOR ANYONE ELSE TO START CUTTING BACK ON PORTION SIZE OF FOOD OR GETTING IN HABIT OF EXERCISE EVERYDAY. ANY TIPS???

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    I didn't have much trouble.

I recommend eating slower, investing in a food scale, and forcing yourself if you have to, in regards to exercise. I always try to meet my weekly exercise goals in any way that I can, and sometimes you gotta drag yourself outside.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Yes, it is really really hard to change your daily habits that you have been practicing for your whole life, probably. I messed up like a zillion times. You have to just give yourself time to adjust, be patient, and if you mess up start again- the sooner the better.

Try to find exercise that you like, even if it's just going for a walk. It doesn't have to be brutal! In fact, if you enjoy it, you are more likely to do it again. Try to find an exercise buddy. Someone who wants to go to a yoga class with you every week, or a coworker that wants to take lunchtime walks together.

Food takes a while to get in the groove. You may have to find new foods to "replace" old ones that are not working for you. You will probably get off track and get frustrated and want to give up. You will face temptations. But, if you keep trying and looking for suggestions on here, I know you will find your way!

Drink lots of water too! Your body will thank you.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Also- I like to eat foods that I can have a lot of- like a HUGE salad with 4oz of chicken and a little bit of oil and vinegar instead of premade dressing. I eat lots of whole foods and cook myself as often as I can. Then I can control exactly what is in the food and how it's cooked.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    The key is to start someplace. Focus on one day at a time.

Here is a great place to start. Read a little at a time.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Take it in small steps. The first time I lost, I just made sure to only eat when I was hungry and started walking a lot. When I cooked, half of it went in the fridge for the next day so I wouldn't be tempted to keep eating when I didn't "need" to. Make small changes that you can sustain. You don't need to change everything at once.