New and excited to be here!

Options
Hi everyone - Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Kate and I'm brand new to this site. I'm really looking to put my focus on losing weight for health. In the past I tended to get really down on myself -- okay, that's putting it nicely, I would describe it as more of attacking myself for not being something -- whether that was thin enough, pretty enough, smart enough, etc.

Things have changed a lot for me in the past few years and some things have happened that have really put this all into perspective for me. I am finally at the point where I want to do this for my health. I feel good about myself now. Sometimes the weight bothers me, but I don't treat it like a failure on my part. I joined Weight Watchers last year and it worked really well for me, but just costs too darn much. So I quit and gained a little back. Hoping that this will be a good replacement for that. I'm really hoping to make some good connections here with people that will help to challenge me.

I've almost completed a beginning running program called couch 2 5k - if anyone is doing that shoot me a message. Also I would love to meet some of you - please friend me if you are reading this. Thanks and yay to all of you for working on becoming healthier people.

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    WELCOME! I ALSO used to be SO MEAN to myself. Changing that behavior changed EVERYTHING for me, so good for you for deciding to love yourself :)

Charmagne
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome this site is awesome!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome :D
    this site has helped me so much so im sure you will love it!!
  • endurowoman
    endurowoman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Glad your here this has really helped me too. WW is too expensive but they have a good program. Remember what you said about healthy and make all your calories count! Good luck!!!