Eating back your work out calories

Options
So, when I did weight watcher, they had "activity points" that you earn when you workout. The points were there for you to use at any time during the course of the week. If I earned 10 activity points on monday and stayed within my daily food points all week, on friday I could go 10 points over, even without working out.

Does calorie counting work the same way? If I work out and come in under my net calorie goal one day, can I eat them back another day that I don't work out. Or do I have to work out on days that I plan to go over my calories, even if I was under for the rest of the week?

I'm sorry if this was a confusing question...long day!

***edited for grammar***

Replies

• TWINSICLE
    TWINSICLE Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat back calories if im under my goal. If u feel hungry eat! It all balances out in the end of the week if u eat less on some days and more on the other.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You can save them up if u want... I only eat back on workout day if I'm hungry. Otherwise, I bank them for the weekend when I know I'm going to eat out and probably splurge a little :)
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    One thing I like about MFP is that each day is a new day. I can't eat back calories the next day, but I don't have to skimp on food tomorrow because I ate over my limit today. :)