Need ideas for dressing up brown rice.

Options
endermako
endermako Posts: 787 Member
I've got a TON of brown rice that I want to use up so I can switch to quinoa. What can I use to dress it up? I know about putting scrambled egg in it but I plan on Making the rice ahead of time and then freezing it for next week. Egg is a bit icky reheated. Any ideas? I go to the grocery store tomorrow so I'm up for anything

Replies

• thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    I like making healthier versions of Tex-Mex burrito (minus the flour tortilla) bowls. Brown rice, black beans, a little bit of grated cheddar, all heated up and then topped with salsa or pico de gallo. Can also top with fat-free or lowfat sour cream (or creme fraiche or Greek yogurt) and/or avocado. DELISH.

I also love using brown rice in Asian stir fries.

And this is one of my fave recipes, especially at bfast time: http://www.closetcooking.com/2009/08/herbed-zucchini-and-feta-quiche-with.html
  • HattieMonicaReborn
    Options
    I make it into fried rice with caramelized onions fresh minced garlic scrambled eggs soy sauce and just when you shut the flame, toss on fresh sliced scallions....you can add what ever left overs you have in the fridge also.
    If you want the exact recipe just message me.