Help? :)

Options
Hey everyone!

I am new to this website although i've been using the app on and off for a couple of years!
When I started University last year I was 5'4 and 118 pounds. Throughout my life I never had to worry about my weight and was always pretty happy with it even though I did not have the best diet and rarely exercised.

Despite this, throughout a year of excessive drinking and eating pizza and other bad foods regularly, I gained over ten pounds and am now 130. Although I am not terribly unhappy with my body I would really like to lose the weight I gained before September to feel like myself again.

I have been out of school over a month now and I go to the gym nearly everyday and have tried to eat much healthier. I do about 30 minutes of cardio with about ten minutes of squats, crunches etc.

I have yet to see any progress so I am starting to get discouraged. I am open to new friends and ANY advice any of you guys have for me :) My diary is open so feel free to look at that! Thanks :smile:

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Are you over eating your workouts? If you're keeping track of your calories consumed, and you know how many calories you're burning then you shouldn't have any problems.

Remember a pound is 3500 calories, so to lose a pound a week you would have to eat 500 calories less a day or burn that much through exercise every day. You're not considered a heavy weight, someone who eats 3000 calories a day, so for you to eat 500 calories less a day would be difficult.

Also as we know, we all are required to eat 1200 calories a day so our bodies don't go into starvation mode making it harder to lose weight, but there is nothing wrong with burning a couple of hundred of those thru exercise after you get them into your digestive track,

I am wearing a Jawbone UP that helps me to track the calories I burn. It counts the steps I take, and I can also add in workouts on UP that then syncs with MFP giving me a very clear picture of calories consumed and calories burned. And it's soooo easy. They're both uploaded to my android cell phone that's always with me.