Question

Options
I have lost 25 lbs, and usually when people do that, they can kind of see a difference in how they look, and in their clothes.
I cant!!! =/ It sucks, my clothes fit the same, and my body looks the same! Im so confused! 25 pounds gone, and no ones noticed!

:(

Replies

• Wendy543
    Options
    you could have lost a little bit in different areas like your thighs, feet, arms, stomach etc.
  • Gypsy_Kitty
    Gypsy_Kitty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat the same .. 23lbs gone .. and while I've got new notches on my belt - I can't see the difference in my appearance at all. It's somewhat discouraging to not be able to see the progress I've worked so hard to achieve.

Maybe when I hit 30lbs gone I'll start to notice more. At least, that's what I keep telling myself to stay motivated. :)
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Apparently, the trick is to measure everything: arms, thighs, calves, neck etc...

A couple of notches on the belt after 20ish lbs is pretty good though - I'm certainly pleased with my 2 notches :-)
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    Options
    what's your total loss goal? Did you happen to measure inches when you started? I never did, but I heard it's much better for tracking loss. 25# is a lot, it's has to show somewhere :wink: I imagine that's discouraging, but keep it up and you'll be amazed!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    No one noticed until I lost 50lbs so I totally feel you.

THAT said, there have to be SOME benefits to losing 25lbs even if they're only apparent to you. Keep doing what you're doing and others will notice eventually.

BUT others noticing will not be enought to keep you motivated in the long term. That motivation has to come from inside you. From your love of yourself. Compliments and validation from the masses is great, but it can't replace how YOU feel about yourself.

Charmagne
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    honestly we see what we want to in the mirror. also the spots that we really want to go away are the last to go. your doing great, keep it up. even if no one has complimented you dont sweat it; you know what you have acclomphished. your clothes probably are fitting you differently also, just not in the areas that you are looking at. keep it up and one day your friends will be like WOW.
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Did you do your measurements? I've had a lot of people tell me that they are losing lbs, but they don't physcially see it. But then they check their measurements and there is a huge change. Maybe try that?
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    well look at it this way my room mate has a 20 pound weight vest i put that on and try and do pull ups and only get 1 or 2 i weigh 206 now so i imagine what it will be like when ive iost 20 pounds :D
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    You cant see the differerence, because you see yourself every day and it is too gradual. Take pics and compare them. You will see the difference.
  • beanface25
    Options
    Oddly enough when I started losing weight I could only see/feel the difference in my fingers...It was strange! I'm sure you'll start to notice and feel it eventually. Don't give up your doing great!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I agree with taking pictures.

I am on my last 12 and cannot see a difference when I lose weight. I took a NEW before picture because when you take pictures you can definitely see a difference.

Also, you probably lost weight in other spots.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    It's so hard to see weight loss on yourself. I would do measurements do you can see lost inches as well.
  • atom11220
    atom11220 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Don't be discouraged. It takes time. What type of exercise are you doing? You should definitely notice a difference. Try taking pictures at least once a month. I never noticed the difference when I lost twenty pounds until I had taken a picture before and after. The difference is incredible. Weight loss should be a secondary goal, if you can make it so. It should be about becoming healthier. See if you can incorporate weights to contour your body. Your muscles pull your skin in. You will definitely notice a difference. I hope this helps.

Atom11220
  • MandyMandz
    Options
    Hey,

Don't be discouraged. It takes time. What type of exercise are you doing? You should definitely notice a difference. Try taking pictures at least once a month. I never noticed the difference when I lost twenty pounds until I had taken a picture before and after. The difference is incredible. Weight loss should be a secondary goal, if you can make it so. It should be about becoming healthier. See if you can incorporate weights to contour your body. Your muscles pull your skin in. You will definitely notice a difference. I hope this helps.

Atom11220

I do cardio almost everyday, even if its a 20 min walk in the park. And i do somee strength training. I do a crunches about 3 days out of the week, and i take a Zumba class every Wed. Thanksss for allll of your support guys! Im going to start measuring inches, and taking more pics, so i can see a difference. :)
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I totally hear ya. Those compliments do make a difference! I sometimes fish for them from the hubby, but he knows I'm fishing, and I know he knows, so we make a joke of it. But at the same time that we're laughing, he knows I want to hear it, and he obliges.

That being said, who are you hoping will compliment you? If it's a loved one, go fishing! :) But people who see you every day may also not be able to see the results, for the same reasons already noted above. Too gradual a change, and people don't realize it until one day, BAM! Did you lose weight? Well, yeah, about 90 pounds!

Also, asking people if they've lost weight and/or complimenting them on weight loss is kind of risky, because it might be due to stress or illness or something else. So it's possible people have noticed and not said anything.

Stick with it regardless! You'll see results... eventually.