How To Use The Food Diary?

Options
Fig_1946
Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
I want to log my foods, but I don't see any way to do this. The day is there, the meals are there, (breakfast, etc) but no way to post the foods. Can you tell me how it works?

Replies

• BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Click on the "add food" words
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Type the food in the seach box .
  • Fig_1946
    Options
    That doesn't work. I still can't log in.
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You have to be logged in to add foods, although if you are posting here you should be logged in
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    are you using the website or the app, and if app, which platform (android, iOS, windows...)?
  • Fig_1946
    Options
    I'm using the website. I tried clicking on the search, on the add food...nothing shows a way for me to log my meals.
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    What happens when you click "add food"?
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Go into search, when it comes up with the food you want (after scrolling through), make sure you tick the box to highlight that food then click add foods. When logging I have missed the tick box and it hasn't logged.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Click "Food" in the blue bar menu above.

Click "Add Food" two buttons over from your photo.

Click "Add Food" under the meal you wish to add the food to.

Type the name of the food in the space under "Search our food database by name" and hit "Search"

Find the appropriate food in the list which pops up and click on it. When you do, to the right you'll see information about that food, along with drop down menus to choose the serving size and how many servings along with another opportunity to change which meal you're adding this to.

Make your choices in those drop down menus and click "Add Food to Diary."
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm using the website. I tried clicking on the search, on the add food...nothing shows a way for me to log my meals.

In your food diary, you don't see "add food" below each meal, like this? (I put a red rectangle around "Add Food" for emphasis.)

addfood.png

If you do see "Add Food" and click on it, do you get a page like this?

addbreakfast.png

If you don't, I would advise logging out of MFP and logging back in. If it still doesn't work, try with a different web browser.
  • Fig_1946
    Options
    Yes, thanks. I've finally got it figured out. You'd think they could make it simpler, you know?
  • WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    how could it be simpler...it's just 'add food' then you search the food and how much you ate.

It probably seems more complicated because you're not used to recording it that way. But I find it much easier to use than any other food diary I've tried.
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had trouble with my ipad at first - it simply would not work!
    The advice to close it and log back in will work if you're struggling with an ipad.
    It works ok with my apple desk top.
    I NEVER use the app - it just isn't apple friendly. Not for me, anyway. (I'm old.) :laugh:
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Yes, thanks. I've finally got it figured out. You'd think they could make it simpler, you know?

Umm…what is simpler than clicking on the link that says, "Add Food"?
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey while I have you all here......my diary won't go public. I tried the settings and diary settings but it won't work. Any ideas?
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Options
    Hey while I have you all here......my diary won't go public. I tried the settings and diary settings but it won't work. Any ideas?

Helpppp!!! pleeeese
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    I'm not sure what your screen is showing you when you look at your profile, but I can see your diary. It does appear to be public. It probably doesn't give you a button from your profile because you can already see your diary.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Options
    I'm not sure what your screen is showing you when you look at your profile, but I can see your diary. It does appear to be public. It probably doesn't give you a button from your profile because you can already see your diary.

Duhhh ok I'm the dummy sorry:)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    how could it be simpler...it's just 'add food' then you search the food and how much you ate.

It probably seems more complicated because you're not used to recording it that way. But I find it much easier to use than any other food diary I've tried.

I thought the same thing until I went back and tried to write up the steps...there are actually quite a lot of them, and I could see how someone would get confused the first time, just finding all the various links and buttons.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Double post.