Embarrassed

Options
I feel like everyone in my office is constantly watching what I eat... they know I gym a lot and am a bit of a health freak but one guy even emailed me and said "your food stresses me out" I was like WTF, you stress me out.
I eat like 4 times a day in the office and they're not small tiny portions at each sitting. I know I shouldnt care but they're contantly WATCHING me. May sound like im being paranoid but it's really starting to get to me!!!!:explode:
*needed to vent thanks*
Now back to making my 16:30 snack of 3 rice cakes topped with cottage cheese and chicken

Replies

• ang2323
    Options
    hey girl! dont worry bout what other people think.. most likely they just wish they have lost like you have.. be proud! :) stay confident!!! :):)
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I hear ya girl!! My coworkers watch me too! I am eating ALL THE TIME! I get a lot of "didn't you just have lunch" and "how are you losing weight when all you do is eat!"

I am SO with you and whenever you need to vent, feel free to let me know...we can scream out the window at each other...I promise I can hear you in Chicago. :wink:
  • Joscelle
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed! They're just jealous especially that dude that e-mailed you. Come on, 'your food stresses me out' - total WTF. Hang in there - and enjoy your rice cakes as everyone in the office secretly admires your willpower and wants your size 2-ness!
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    They wish they had the motivation,willpower,& desire that you have!...all followers like to watch a leader! Keep doing what your doing!:wink:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I would put up a little sign that says "I am the Food Nazi...and you are eating like crap" and smile sweetly.
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up and block them out. Many hate to see someone doing well and you're doing just that...keep it up and ignore those HATERS love!
  • LuvnAG10
    Options
    Sounds like your co-workers need a big fat helping of common sense...geesh!
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    WTF ever...I eat four times a day at work...I always have something on my desk and I've lost 32 lbs in two months. If they would pay attention to what your eating and pull their mouth away from their big mac they might get it. BTW...it's almost time for my triscuits and cottage cheese snack :)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I would put up a little sign that says "I am the Food Nazi...and you are eating like crap" and smile sweetly.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PlatinumPiggy
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HAHAHA
  • PlatinumPiggy
    Options
    Thanks guys-made me feel better xxxxxx
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I totally understand!!! I eat at 7:30am - 10am - go home and eat at 12:30pm - snack at 3pm.
    My office manager makes comments to me like: "how do you lose weight when you eat all the time?" and she wasn't asking.... she was being rude! I had an apple and an orange on my desk, and she told a co-worker, "she just keeps those on her desk so it looks like she is eating healthy!" total WTF???????????
    I've lost 23 lbs girlfriend.... in your face! :mad:

Keep doing what you are doing!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sjoy711
    sjoy711 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I totally feel for you! I get that at work all the time. They either think that I am pregnant because I eat so much or they are judging what I eat because I said I'm trying to lose weight. So many people don't know that they way to LOSE weight is to eat MORE. Once you get past the irony of it and actually try it - the weight just falls off. It's really, truly amazing! Of course you have to make healthy food choices, but people just don't get it. You are TOTALLY doing the right thing. Keep it up and wear something skimpy to the next office Christmas party so they can all see how well your "DIET" works for you. ;)
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

OMG......that made me LOL this morning! :laugh: YES....do this! Don't pay any attention to people at work...their just jealous of your willpower!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Tell the e-mailer that his email stresses you out and when you are stressed you eat more....:)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Tell the e-mailer that his stresses you out and when you are stressed you eat more....:)
    ...and creating a hostile work environment. Definitely a HR issue. Oooo I like where this is going.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Haha get him fired from the email induced stress!!! Teach him right.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I eat constantly at work. People that do not know me well and do not know I am dieting see me over and over again in the break room. They're like wow you must be really hungry today. Or wow your metabolism must be really fast because you eat a lot. I just smile and say I know. ;)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Your food stresses him out?! Sounds like he has issues. :laugh: How in the world can someones food stress someone out? :huh: My boss always comments about me eating all the time too but I know he's only joking. Maybe you should get one of those stress relief balls and give it to the co-worker that gets stressed over your food. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just find that so funny that someone's food would stress anyone out. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Just retaliate by monitoring their bathroom habits and ask if it came out ok or ask if they're sick cause they made 3 trips in the last hour, stare if they pick their noses and comment. "Did ya get it?" Just joking. I fantasize about how immature I could be and how fun it would be at times. Don't let them worry you. They are probably trying to figure out where you put it. And you know what is best for you and what works and what doesn't. Don't let them live rent free in your head.:smile: