To many calories.

amandajean4980
amandajean4980 Posts: 4
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I am new to my fitness pal, but I am doing ok. I am having an issue with I have to eat so many calories and I cant. Im allowed 1500 a day but then I exercise which has me eat even more. I am constantly eating and I am stuffed. I am so afraid that if I don't eat all my calories that this is not going to work for me. Any suggestions?
Amanda

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    You do want to eat to loose BUT listen to your body too. You may become more hungry the more you workout. Dont over stuff yourself.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    I think it depends on what your goals per week are. As long as you are eating net 1200 calories you won't go into starvation mode (from what I read on different MFP posts). How many pounds are your planning on losing a week?
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Divide up the 1500 into five or six 300 calorie meals. It should make it much more manageable. You can go as low as 1200 calories a day, but I wouldn't recommend it. However, I would suggest some natural peanut butter. It is a calorie dense food that will get you some good fats as well.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    NUTS! A good handful can give you 200-500 cals depending on the nut, and the handful. :)
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Yes almonds always do the trick for be...24 almonds are about 220 calories ...also all natural peanut butter is high in calories. Start eating the healthy whole grains...brown rice and whole wheat pasta are about 240 plus per cup that will also help you increase cals...oh and beans...You dont have to eat all of your workout calories. I usually eat my workout cals on weekends.
  • nuts are always good. avocados too. those high calorie foods with GOOD fats in them are the way to go if you need some extra calories. that being said you dont have to eat all or even any of your workout calories. if you're only burning around 200-300 calories with your exercise its perfectly fine to not eat any of them, you wont go into starvation mode. listen to your body, if its telling you that you're full...then you probably are.
  • i know what you mean . i have been adding what i do for exercise and it keeps pushing up my calories . i'm worried if i dont eat the calories it indicates my body will go into starvation mode and store everything but by the other replies i take it as long as we dont go under the minimum of 1200 calories we should be fine so i will continue to eat moderately . Good Luck everyone. !
  • i would like to lose 2 to 3lbs this week
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    there's a whole host of foods called "calorie dense foods" you can Google that term and come up with quite a few good, calorie dense foods that will give you more calories without filling you up with bulk.

for example:

almonds, chick peas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, wild rice, black beans, lean meats, certain cheeses, avocado.

all are relatively high calorie for the amount you eat. Add a few of these products to your meals and snacks and you'll find yourself meeting your calorie goals in no time.
This discussion has been closed.