RGV.. SOUTH TEXAS??

Options
Hey, im fairly new to the Rio Grande Valley and Im looking for others out there. I want to meet some active people who may have a better idea of whats going on down here. Walking/Jogging/Biking parks, trails, groups, 5K's etc. I will most likely be here permanently and want to become more active. Also, if anyone knows any good trainers that would be awesome. I have been thinking about going to one. Annnnd any advice on at home workout DVD's. I tried to do my fiance's INSANITY and that just didnt work. lol. I guess I need something at a lower level to start off with. Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

THANKSS!
<3

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm not from RGV, but I lost 29 lbs on this site, + the 10 lbs I lost before I started here. This is a good site. The people are very supportive. I have 3 suggestions:
    - Drink lots of water.
    - Give up carbonated bevereges--that will help reduce the sodium you consume each day, and sodium is what causes us to retain too much water weight.
    - Eat less saturated fats, which means eat the healthy fats--suggest no more than 20-30% of your daily calories.
    Oh, and #4: Have fun moving your body--learn the new close-to-the-border dances and strut your stuff! :drinker: (water).
  • lovelylinz
    Options
    Thanks! Since I started tracking my calories I haven't had any soda. I prefer to eat my calories and have some sense of fullness and satisfaction from them. Zumba is pretty big down here... I might have to try it out.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Zumba sounds like fun! ;)