Success beyond the scale: my journey to health & wellbeing

Options

Replies

• MrsHollingsworthThomas
    MrsHollingsworthThomas Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You are awesome.
    Thank you so much for sharing your story.
    You look great!
    I love all of the additional things that you've gained while getting healthier physically.

congrats to you and good luck on your continued growth!

You rock.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look amazing at 50!
  • Kimberley197222
    Kimberley197222 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats and Thank You for the encouragement . . . Woo Hoo!!!!!!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I love everything about this post!
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and although I have a way to go yet, I was so connected with your story. I've been working to reprogram a lot of negative self-talk and I have been lifting weights - barbell type weights ;). The other day I ran my first 5k straight. When I started in January, I was struggling with 5 pound dumbbells and was out of breath running up a flight of steps. Finding my strength has been so liberating and empowering - and like you I had to focus on welcoming health into my life on all levels. I feel an inner peace with this process now that I never did the first time I just "lost weight".

This time I am focused fully on what I am gaining and I am blowing myself away with what we are capable of when we get out of our own way! :) Putting that inner critic on ice was critical for me. Every time I would struggle I would start to remember being picked on by gym teachers growing up for being a weakling, or I'd replay the verbal abuse I took from my dad over the years - "stupid" "lazy" etc. and none of those things are true - but they sure can be a great excuse to give up. Not anymore - I am totally committed to becoming the strongest, most confident me I can be. In doing so, I know I am giving my children permission to do the same.

Congrats to you - you look absolutely amazing and you're story is so inspiring on so many levels! I relate to it very well and I wish you continued successes on your journey. :)
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and although I have a way to go yet, I was so connected with your story. I've been working to reprogram a lot of negative self-talk and I have been lifting weights - barbell type weights ;). The other day I ran my first 5k straight. When I started in January, I was struggling with 5 pound dumbbells and was out of breath running up a flight of steps. Finding my strength has been so liberating and empowering - and like you I had to focus on welcoming health into my life on all levels. I feel an inner peace with this process now that I never did the first time I just "lost weight".

This time I am focused fully on what I am gaining and I am blowing myself away with what we are capable of when we get out of our own way! :) Putting that inner critic on ice was critical for me. Every time I would struggle I would start to remember being picked on by gym teachers growing up for being a weakling, or I'd replay the verbal abuse I took from my dad over the years - "stupid" "lazy" etc. and none of those things are true - but they sure can be a great excuse to give up. Not anymore - I am totally committed to becoming the strongest, most confident me I can be. In doing so, I know I am giving my children permission to do the same.

Congrats to you - you look absolutely amazing and you're story is so inspiring on so many levels! I relate to it very well and I wish you continued successes on your journey. :)
    Thank you for sharing, ChristinWrites.

I am so pleased for you, too, that you have your inner peace and your commitment to your self. It really does make a difference in this journey.

Best wishes to you in your ongoing journey!
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow , incredible !! Congratulations on your huge success!! :happy:
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You look stunning. I would have never guessed 50.
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    thank you for your post! congrats on your successes and i could not agree more that success is so much more than the scale!
  • ns2183
    ns2183 Posts: 4
    Options
    Amazing, such an inspiring story. I too am looking for better wellbeing as well as loosing weight and I am determined to get there.

Thanks for sharing xxx
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Woot-woo! Hello gorgeous!!! You're a wonderful person and I'm proud to have you on my FL. You are an amazing and inspiring woman....So proud of you hun. Keep up the good work xo
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful post, thank you for taking the time to put it out here for us all to read.

I must do the same, I can see much of my journey reflected in your words.

Congratulations and good luck xXx
  • jsalzat
    jsalzat Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Amazing success story!!!! What an inspiration :drinker:

Congratulations on your new life! :happy: Thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! It is so important for people to realize that fitness and health are the ultimate goals of taking care of your body, not just pounds lost! Congratulations and keep up the good work :)
  • chjones21
    chjones21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lovely story. I have just started (again) done my first week of logging food. I lost a kg already but not sure if that is wonky scales!! I would like to get so much fitter in body and mind. Change all my bad habits and your post is a great inspiration to try to make that happen. Thanks
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time to read my story. I am glad that it resonates with some and perhaps inspires others. Connection with others is often what fuels our journey. Sharing our stories is one way to open that connection.

I am truly grateful for the connections I have made here on MFP. Your stories continue to fuel and inspire me!
  • trsttg
    trsttg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story. Thank you so much for sharing. You look terrific:smile:
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!! a BIG congrats to you!! :happy:
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Thanks so much for sharing your story! I'm 44, and it's such a hopeful thing to see a person who is older than I am have such success and vibrancy. I have a question for you--it's about the food aspect of this. I really struggle with that part of losing weight. In particular, I really struggle with hunger, and it's hard for me to feel like I'm caring for myself when I'm hungry. But when I set my calories higher, everything takes so long. How did you approach the eating element of this?

Warm regards and congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!