Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    log as sodium?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    You mean epsom salts? and yes, they are pretty nice.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    The human skin is very good at stopping things from absorbing through it. You can pretty much bath in gasoline and none of it will get inside you. Does the salt absorb through....uhh...orifices? Is it all a placebo?
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    The human skin is very good at stopping things from absorbing through it. You can pretty much bath in gasoline and none of it will get inside you. Does the salt absorb through....uhh...orifices? Is it all a placebo?

. . . so do not log?
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    log as sodium?

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. There is no sodium in it, but you wouldn't log it anyway. Do you log sodium when you go in the water at the beach?
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

. . . so do not log?

I wonder if I can get drunk bathing in a giant mojito...:indifferent:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    There's some belief that our diets leave us deficient in magnesium, and epsom salt baths can help alleviate this. I haven't researched the idea, but I can say that I always sleep better after a good epsom salt soak, and that's supposedly one of the benefits of magnesium supplementation.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    log as sodium?

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. There is no sodium in it, but you wouldn't log it anyway. Do you log sodium when you go in the water at the beach?

ah. log the micronutrient. thank you.

how much I log at the ocean? is it a rate of absorption based on the surface area of my skin? like two hours would be a certain amount because my size? how to compensate for osmotic balance if had salty breakfast?
    I wonder if I can get drunk bathing in a giant mojito...indifferent
    careful; sugar is toxic
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    log as sodium?

Of course. I log it along with the sun. I don't want to get fat.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    log as sodium?

vitamin d is a micronutrient, has no calories. duh. no wait gains.
    log your photons to avoid skin cancers.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    log as sodium?

Dang!!! I guess I need to log both today... as I got a bit of both....
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Epson salts is great for sore muscle s . soak in nice hot bath with Epson salts

I thought they only made printers?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    There's some belief that our diets leave us deficient in magnesium, and epsom salt baths can help alleviate this. I haven't researched the idea, but I can say that I always sleep better after a good epsom salt soak, and that's supposedly one of the benefits of magnesium supplementation.

I've also read on the internetz that it's one of the few things that does absorb through skin. I don't know, I just like using bath salt.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYAPqUw0DCBC8ejyEGKTYY3IhY5Qc8O3JNKxXE8n_jH5toGX9akFwgfsyr
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    log as sodium?

vitamin d is a micronutrient, has no calories. duh. no wait gains.
    log your photons to avoid skin cancers.

Wait, photon torpedoes cause cancer? Does Spock know about this?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options

I've also read on the internetz that it's one of the few things that does absorb through skin. I don't know, I just like using bath salt.

As long as you're not trying to eat people's faces like that one homeless guy...
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Yes, your body does absorb some of the magnesium and sulfur, which is how people get the benefits from soaking in it. Do you really think that people have been doing this for hundreds of years when soaking in anything would have the same placebo effect?

And, skin is quite porous (at least the top skin layers are). If nothing was absorbed into the skin, nobody would have reactions to poison ivy or allergic reactions resulting in rashes.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

As long as you're not trying to eat people's faces like that one homeless guy...

Well I make no promises.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    They also work great for greening up a garden this time of year, on a side note. Especially good on hostas.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I switched to HP when they started making affordable laser printers for home use...
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I like it on my fries sometimes