Just stopping by to say hi!

Options
Hi,

Just a note to introduce myself. I am relatively new to My Fitness Pal. I have been using it for over a week now and I love it. I was on WW online but gave up my membership after a friend at work introduced me to this site. I lost most of my weight via WW but find that keeping it off is the hardest part. I started slipping into bad habits and gaining weight and realized that I needed to get back to basics and keeping track of how much I was REALLY eating. It's very easy to go "unconscious" when using food to not deal with feelings or to use it as a stress reliever. Anyway, I love the site and am very glad to have found it and look forward to chatting witn a few of you along the way!

Have an awesome day! :smile:

Replies

• kizzy67
    kizzy67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi , Im new as well....2 days new :) I also did weight watcher on and off over the years, and just wanted to try something different for a change. So far I am really enjoying the site and its tools. Good Luck to you .
  • Whoopsidaysi
    Options
    Thanks so much! I actually am really enjoying this site. WW does have some great things as well and I learned a lot about portion sizes and how to eat healthier and I loved how it tracked my weight, but this site does pretty much all that and it's free. :) Free is great!

I was doubly excited to find this site as I am a coach who works with clients who want to develop healthier eating habits and healthier lifestyles and I was looking for a way to help them journal their food choices and exercise. This site is absolutely perfect so I will definitely recommend to any one who is looking to take control of their health.

All the best in your journey and have fun with the site!
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Go to message board, facts/nutrition - there's a great comment about calorie deficit! Very interesting!!! I usually try not to eat when I'm not hungry, but maybe with the amount of activity I have, I should eat more. Maybe this is what's keeping me stuck in a plateau... I guess the thing is to avoid sweets, anything fried, junk and grab an apple instead!
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I was trying to answer somebody's question before and wrote in on your wall! You might be wondering what I was talking about... Sorry,

Anyway, welcome to the site! Hope you find all the motivation you need!
  • quietresolve
    Options
    I started day before yesterday. I think this is going to be a perfect motivator to keep making good choices! I'm so glad I found it.