ballerina tea

Options
Just wanted to know if anybody has tried this Chinese herbal tea. It's supposed to clean you out and make you a bit more regular and aids in weight loss. I heard mixed things about it- just wanted to see if anyone knows about it or has tried it.
Thanks.

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and move more to lose weight. Magic tea is not necessary for "cleaning" yourself out.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    A healthy diet should do the same thing. No I have not tried Chinese tea.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I've tried it. I do it once a week to really clean myself out. I like it. Not sure how it affects weight loss.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I've tried it. I do it once a week to really clean myself out. I like it. Not sure how it affects weight loss.

How does it clean you out?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Teas labeled "dieter's tea" or "ballerina's tea" are usually just senna in a tea bag. So, you boo boo. A lot.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

I take a huge amazing dump or two the following day & I feel amazing. I actually just finished a cup :happy:
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to know if anybody has tried this Chinese herbal tea. It's supposed to clean you out and make you a bit more regular and aids in weight loss. I heard mixed things about it- just wanted to see if anyone knows about it or has tried it.
    Thanks.

Generally these products are not great for your body or wallet. You can get fiber from veggies and fruit. A good pile of leafy green veg and adequate water on the daily basis will keep you regular under most circumstances. If regularity is a concern for you, why not add more veg and get up to your calorie goal. You are regularly under 1200, so the calories will likely be helpful on more than one front.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

My friend calls it Poop Tea.

So if you like hanging out in the bathroom excessively I guess it's good. Does nothing for weight loss.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You could eat a lot of fiber and save money.
    Or take Dulcolax.
    Both will be easier on your wallet than the miracle "poop tea" plans that cost a fortune.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Cup of coffee will probably do the same thing for you.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Should be kept next to the ex-lax.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Laxative tea? No thanks.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Lloyd Christmas approves
    tumblr-tumblr-l8pb6nwn281qb64fro1-500.gif
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Clean you out = DIARRHEA
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks.

Generally these products are not great for your body or wallet. You can get fiber from veggies and fruit. A good pile of leafy green veg and adequate water on the daily basis will keep you regular under most circumstances. If regularity is a concern for you, why not add more veg and get up to your calorie goal. You are regularly under 1200, so the calories will likely be helpful on more than one front.
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the responses. The box of tea was only $4 so i'm not worried about it hurting my wallet. I'd rather take a natural tea ad opposed to some pills that have a lot of junk in them.
    I do eat f salad and veges everyday. I drink tons of water b/c I work outside. I get plenty of fiber that way, but I "GO" once every 10 days- roughly. I know that's not normal so i'm hoping this might help regulate me. If I lose a little weight in the process then woo-hoo!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the responses. The box of tea was only $4 so i'm not worried about it hurting my wallet. I'd rather take a natural tea ad opposed to some pills that have a lot of junk in them.
    I do eat f salad and veges everyday. I drink tons of water b/c I work outside. I get plenty of fiber that way, but I "GO" once every 10 days- roughly. I know that's not normal so i'm hoping this might help regulate me. If I lose a little weight in the process then woo-hoo!!
    Make sure you're getting enough fat too.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    It's darjeeling tea. That's all. It makes some people poop. So does a couple apples.

It.
    Will.
    NOT.
    make.
    you.
    lose.
    weight.
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    P
    O
    O
    P

&

P
    O
    O
    P
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It will not "regulate" you, it is SENNA. (The same thing that is the ingredient in many over the counter stimulant laxatives at Kroger, and Whole Foods etc.)
    It will MAKE you go. That's not regulating. That's just using laxatives.
    If you are sure you want to regularly use harsh, stimulant laxatives. Meh, just buy senna.

If it were me I'd see a doctor if I only went ever 10 (Jesus!) days. Hell. Is aw a doctor because I went every 2-3 days. I now go daily. Without stimulant laxatives.
    I simply added more magnesium to my diet.

But again: do what you want. Just know that you're taking a HARSH, STIMULANT LAXATIVE. Not a gentle stool softener. Not a gentle osmotic laxative. not even miralax. You're taking the most serious laxative out there.