Most Emotion Stirring Songs...

Options
You know, I have a few songs, that when I here them, conjure such emotions, some good, some bad. Some that just make me want to scream because when I heard it the first time, I knew it could be about my life, at that very second. Anyone else feel like that about songs? Or am I crazy?:noway:

Some of mine are:
Lady Antebellum - Need You Now
Lady Antebellum - Run To You
Keith Urban - My Better Half
Rhianna - Only Girl

I think I may just be crazy...:huh:

Replies

• nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I can't ever (when I say ever, I literally have to turn the channel or leave the room) listen to Rascal Flatts' Skin (Sarabeth), because my daughter is battling cancer.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Keith Urban- Stupid Boy
    Rascal Flatts- Waiting All My Life & The Day Before You

:bigsmile:
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    that what songs are SUPPOSED to do. you're not crazy. you're a healthy normal human being!

and omg Lady Antebellum's Need You Now pulls my heart strings EVERY TIME!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Anything by Rise Against, Bon Iver, Brand New and Rascal Flatts
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah. I sob every time I hear it but I won't turn it off. A very good friend commited suicide a couple of years ago and he loved that song. Kills me to even think about it.

I also cry everytime I hear Travelin Soldier by the Dixie Chicks. I just can't help myself.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    i totally have so many songs like those. the ones i know the lyrics of by heart. the ones that bring tears to my eyes, because they explain my life in the present or the past. the ones that bring back memories of good and bad times... So, just off the top of my head:

Say Goodbye, by Skillet
    A Thousand Miles, by Vanessa Carlton
    We Belong Together, by Mariah Carey
    What Hurts the Most, by Rascal Flatts
    Rehab, by Rihanna
    White Horse, and Breathe, by Taylor Swift
    Collide, by Howie Day
    One Thing, by Finger Eleven
    Swing Life Away, by Rise Against
    My Happy Ending, by Avril Lavigne
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

Rise Against, why? Have to mention I was friends with Brandon Barnes (drummer) in high school. So cool to know a rock star.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Lone Star- I miss my friend- My ex sang/dedicated that to me after he cheated on me the first time and we seperated
    Lone Star- Good Morning Beautiful- the song he use to sing to me all the time
    Tracy Brid- Keeper of the Stars- the song he sang to me the night he proposed
    Lady Antebellum- Need you Now how I felt and still do sometimes
    Sugar Land- Stay----the other woman---- boils my blood
    SHe Daisy- She gets what I deserve- well i think you can get the picture at this point.
    Reba McEntire When you love Someone Like That
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    all blink 182
    some plus 44 ava
    what hurts the most rascal flats
    be like that 3 doors down
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options

brand new 70 times seven
  • sltoye
    sltoye Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lady Antebellum's I Need You Now does it too me too. Tell Me I Was Dreaming by Travis Tritt because of the video. There are a lot of songs. Some because of the memories they hold with them and some because they are very touching songs.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Keith Urban- Stupid Boy

:bigsmile:

OMG - the emotion in the latter half of this song - ALWAYS rattles me to the bone!

You Aughta Know my A. Morissette came out as I was going through my divorce. It still makes me angry.
    Troy by Sinead O'Connor brings me to tears no matter what. Raw bleeding furious agony.
    My Immortal by Evanescence - I have tied this song to my pregnancy losses. Still very difficult to listen to.
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    Alan Jackson's Sissy Song
    Chris Tomlin's Amazing Grace (my best friend died when we were 17 and that song was played at her funeral and was one of her favorites)
    Bob Carlise Butterfly Kisses
    Heartland I Loved Her First
    Frank Sinatra What a Wonderful World
    (this is odd but..) She Thinks my Tractor's Sexy (my pawpaw's aka my best friend FAVORITE SONG he passed away when i was younger)
    You and I Michael Buble (this is a happy one) It was our first Dance at my wedding

There are just so many!!!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Oh so many great songs come to mind but one that brings me to tears every time is "Don't take the girl" by Tim McGraw. Another one that makes me smile - which may sound kinda of funny is "Drops of Jupitor" by Train. It was what I was going through at the time the song came out. Also one more - "Come a little closer" by Dirks Bently - that is one passionate song !!!!!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I Hope You Dance by Leanne Womack - My Aunt died of lung cancer when I was 14, right after this song came out. She told my parents that she hoped all of us kids (her kids and my siblings) lived our lives like that. I have it tattooed on my foot, and all 3 of us girls danced with our father to this song at our weddings.
    Where've You Been by Kathy Mattea - Reminds me of my Grandparents
    Drift off to Dream by Travis Tritt - A song I always loved and wished for a love like that growing up. Also the song I danced with my husband as our first dance at our wedding. :heart:
    Fancy by Reba McEntire - My sisters, mom and I used (and still do!) to SCREAM this song when it would come on. It's just kind of our thing. :laugh:
    Several Mariah Carey songs: One Sweet Day, so many... just brings back childhood and growing up.

I could think of a ton more!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Flames by Vast... I change it every time it comes on.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, Robert Flack. Turns me to jello.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Philadelphia by Bruce Springsteen

My brother died of AIDS just before this movie came out it happened very much like the movie.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    When You Say Nothing at All - Alison Krause & Union Station
    Amazed - Lone Star
    I'm Your Man - Leonard Cohen
    Chariots Arise - Lizzie West
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Notice the majority are country songs :laugh: