Frozen pears?

LokiFae
LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
So I bought 6 pears a couple weeks ago because they were a GREAT price, and then we didn't eat them right away so I cored, sliced, and froze them. Now that they're frozen, what do I do with them? I was thinking about throwing a couple slices in a blender with some peanut butter, yogurt and ice and blending it, but I'm just not sure that it won't suck. Has anyone else ever frozen pears before and how did you eat them?

Replies

• LokiFae
    So I bought 6 pears a couple weeks ago because they were a GREAT price, and then we didn't eat them right away so I cored, sliced, and froze them. Now that they're frozen, what do I do with them? I was thinking about throwing a couple slices in a blender with some peanut butter, yogurt and ice and blending it, but I'm just not sure that it won't suck. Has anyone else ever frozen pears before and how did you eat them?
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    I made sauce with them.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Just toss (while still frozen is fine) with some Splenda (sorry to all you brave enough for that challenge) and cinnamon and bake or microwave until gooey. Sprinkle with a little granola and serve with a tiny scoop of low-cal vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. I do this all the time. So yummy.
  • LokiFae
    That sounds GOOD fitnessluvr. I'm going to try that tonight.
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    I don't know about pears, but I love frozen grapes, take a bite and see what they're like...
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    I don't know about pears, but I love frozen grapes, take a bite and see what they're like...

Yum!!! Frozen grapes are my favorite.