Hi Guys

Options
Im also new to this looks very good so far. Ive been married 5 months and have settled into married life far to comfortably put on 20lbs since i got married cant believe it i was never thin anyway but i was happy with my size but enough is enough jeans are getting tight so time to get the weight off and maybe abit more see how i go. Hope your all doing well with your weightloss

Louise x

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for almost 4 months. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is like the freshman 15 in college for me. Whenever I am single I workout and lose weight but as soon as I get into a relationship I get comfortable and gain weight. The weight gain is mainly because I'm going out to restaurants more or eating side by side to a guy where I forget about my portion sizes. One relationship I was in for 3 1/2 years (but unhappy) I ballooned up almost 60 pounds. I lost about 45 pounds since that relationship ended and am happy to say I have met a great guy about 6 months ago. Unfortunately I gain almost 10 of the pounds back! :sad: So before it gets out of control here I am ready to re-evaluate my responsibilities to myself. I have also asked for the support of my boyfriend by understanding I don't want fast food every time he wants to stop there on the way from home. I have a desk job and he is a laborer. I just don't burn the calories in a day that he does without workouts. I have also explained I need to spend more time working out even if this interferes with the amount of time we see each other. Thankfully he understands and that is what all of us need is someone that is supportive of our efforts in becoming healthy.
  • mrsritchie
    Options
    Hi ladies

thanks for the replys

well last night i was bad i was late getting in from work hubby was hungry as was i so took the easy option and ordered pizza i added it to my food diary and i was -319cals for the day oh well back on to healthy eating today got a lamb stew in the slow cooker for when i get home so no fast food tonight x