Rude people

I see plenty of posts on here about rude or mean people who fail to properly couch their advice for the emotional fragility of whatever recipient chooses to take offense, but what about OPs who never say "thank you?" If you ask strangers for advice, get plenty of it, and fail to say "thank you," I'd say that is the very epitome of rude behavior. And while we're at it, what's so difficult about saying "please" when you ask for advice? When you post a thread on an internet forum seeking advice, you are asking complete strangers to spend their time helping you. These people are not paid, and they certainly don't solely exist to help you. They are individuals with their own lives, challenges, moods, etc. Keep that in mind the next time you post asking for advice.

Replies

• George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    10/10 would bang
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Thank for supporting my gurney.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    10/10 would bang
    QFT actually would bang both of you at the same time...mmm mandwich, but who would be the bread? #nohomotho

ETA: Excellent post/thread!
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    I think it should be both ways, people need to try and stop taking things to heart ( I am guilty I have my days)
    And some people need to stop being rude just for the sake of it and expecting people not to get hurt cos they can't be bothered being polite.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Tis true he supports mine with straps, he's a sweetie:flowerforyou:

s02dW6J.gif
  • agrafina
    agrafina Posts: 128 Member
    No, no,no. Of course it is only the people who offer up their time and advice who are rude. Everyone knows that. I can't believe you would consider asking advice-askers to be polite as well.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    That_was_rude_but_true.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Tis true he supports mine with straps, he's a sweetie:flowerforyou:

s02dW6J.gif

Hawt!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Maybe this site would benefit from a like/dislike feature, or upvote/downvote feature like Reddit where you can express your dislike in a harmless click rather than a nasty tirade.

But nasty tirades are so much fun!!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Maybe this site would benefit from a like/dislike feature, or upvote/downvote feature like Reddit where you can express your dislike in a harmless click rather than a nasty tirade.

Stop trying to bring civility to the Internet! Some of us prefer its folksy, Wild West, charm.
    giphy.gif
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 353 Member
    10/10 would bang
    QFT actually would bang both of you at the same time...mmm mandwich, but who would be the bread? #nohomotho

Really, who could resist?

It's through reading the helpful responses that I learned who was full of knowledge and who was full of, well, something else. A little gratitude goes a long way. It would be nice to see some of the people who truly help be acknowledged.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Too many posters appear to take pleasure in being rude and mistake it for calling a spade a spade. It's possible to be honest and kind at the same time.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member

This. The casual sexism on here is unusual in my experience of internet forums.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member

This. The casual sexism on here is unusual in my experience of internet forums.

BTW - complaining about the moderators, who are actually quite strict, is against the forum rules.

ETA: lol - looks like the mods deleted that one.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    HighFiveSnowWhite.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Bump---cause I think I might be rude, but I'm not sure.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    10/10 would bang

^^this^^. . .and for me rude is hitting me while driving through a stop sign. Yes, I am a petite 205 currently, but at least stop to check and see if your quarter panel is fine as I ran in to your moving car. When I run I've learned to avoid people turning toward me and running stop signs. I hope her car is okay.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    10/10 would bang

I was wondering if I could please be included in all of the banging?

Thank you in advance :)

:drinker:

For serious though....great points made. Everyone needs to remember some manners more often than not. Online as well and in real life, tbh. It's a sad thing.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    I'm not rude as I try to treat others like I want to be treated.

With that being said, you hit it on the nail with the OP's that do not say thank you.

When I have made threads in the past, I have tried my best to acknowledge all comments, if I couldn't due to overwhelming responses then I did it collectively. And if I didn't due to just maybe thinking the thread was finished then I am sorry! lol... Didn't mean too! lol

Very rude indeed to ask for advice then leave a thread or not say thank you but to maybe a few people. Saying "Thank you everyone for the advice" doesn't take much effort. lol

I would definitely put these OP's in the same category as other rude aka "blunt" as some like to call it people on here! lol
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Goddamn-right.gif