In need of support and friends.

Options
Hello All,

I am a mother, wife love the outdoors, reading and my horses. I love to travel. We have cattle and I work a fulltime job outside of the home (my hubby runs the ranch). I have struggled with my weight for many years I go up, I go down. I can do it as I have done it at least 5 times before but have always had a support system where we would hold each other accountable to the best of our ability. When a new person comes on to a site it can be very overwhelming..... hmmm let me rephrase that I always find it overwhelming :)

I could really use some friends/buddies that are like minded that are working on getting healthier, leaner and happier and want to have a regular check in/accountability place. Trying to do it on my own does not work. Helpful suggestions, advice, new friends would be so very much appreciated. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Dawnog
    Dawnog Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I also love horses ( I have 2 of my own) and live on a farm, my husband is a farmer. I log on every day and have been on here for a while having lost all the weight I want to, so am working hard to maintain. I love to keep fit, running, horseriding, swimming and biking. I am good at encouraging and support, you are welcome to add me. :)
  • homers54
    homers54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Joe. I have struggled for years with weight and food issues
    would like to also have a support system/ and friends on here. If you would like to add
    Me my username is homers54
  • polargurl13
    polargurl13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the reach out. So looking forward to get rolling, so if anyone can help me with the best way to work the site.... I think I need to adjust my settings so I can easily find any replies to posts?? Or do you just cruise the boards which I could see being a time thing and frustrating if I had to do it every time? Is journaling recommended... what are the thoughts on that as in how the day went, what was done or ???
    I am off to clean 2 stalls in the barn and plan to play around in MFP site later on and log my food.
  • Stacey5781
    Stacey5781 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! After struggling with my weight for quite some time, I've finally realized that anything is possible, and so is weight loss. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in June 2013 and after 2 successful surgeries I am cancer-free. However, my weight has seemed to spiral out of control and I am on a mission now to lose 65 pounds. I always knew I was overweight but it wasn't until having to go to the doctor constantly and get on the scale that I saw how much weight I was gaining and for it to sink in. I have been walking 2 miles for the past week and I really am starting to feel good about this war I have declared on my body. I am a school teacher and I want to go back to work in August having lost at least 10 pounds. I signed up for the Black Light Run in New Orleans at the end of July so I have that motivation as well. I am looking forward to meeting many of you and being your support as I know that you will be mine. Thanks, God Bless, and good luck on your continued journey.