Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Rest Day

I have noticed it takes more effort to not work out on a rest day than it takes to work out on a normal day.

I also doesn't help to work at a gym on your rest day. Every machine, every weight looks at you with these come hither eyes. And right about the time I think of picking something up, I feel the tightness in my pec, the burn in my bicet and that reminds me... I need this break.

But oh how I want to lift!

Replies

• suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Suck it up buttercup and get your rest.

Today is my glorious rest day. I thought about jogging for like 5 seconds and then my body said LOLWUT.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Rest days suck because it's like the only day you actually want to work out. If you really can't handle resting at home, take a very leisurely walk around your neighborhood. Do something really simple so it won't ruin your rest day! Good luck.
  • winonavampire
    winonavampire Posts: 68 Member
    I did some weighted crunches for funzies. Then I ate a sandwich.

Still might do something out side in the sun after work...
  • suremeansyes
    Lots of sun in CA, just saying.
  • suremeansyes
    PS. Bring the Bane mask. Hahaha, okay, I won't derail every thread you make with Bane stuff. Just like half of them.
  • winonavampire
    Bane is my motivation! I will be the reckoning!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    I get that feeling. I just work out when I want to, and I figure one day I will not want to workout - those are my rest days.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    I hear ya. I've been arguing with myself all day. I want to go to the fitness center SO BAD later this afternoon and do "my stuff", but I know I shouldn't. I need to take a day off. I did walk the dog this morning. Probably shouldn't even have done that. So I've been doing everything under the sun instead ... even stained part of the deck earlier on the spur of the moment!! I've NEVER been like this in my entire life before. It's craziness!!!
  • winonavampire
    I hear ya. I've been arguing with myself all day. I want to go to the fitness center SO BAD later this afternoon and do "my stuff", but I know I shouldn't. I need to take a day off. I did walk the dog this morning. Probably shouldn't even have done that. So I've been doing everything under the sun instead ... even stained part of the deck earlier on the spur of the moment!! I've NEVER been like this in my entire life before. It's craziness!!!

Cats and dogs living together! Mass hysteria!

I completely agree with you! By end of next week though, I will be looking forward to rest day... but by Sunday again, I'll be wanting to pick up something heavy!

I just keep thinking of all them gains! Patience got the weight off... and patience will put the mass on! (I'm trying to convince myself, can you tell? ;))