Gym membership but what next???

Options
kwb87
kwb87 Posts: 70 Member
Hi everyone,

So I'm 5ft6 and 62kg, hoping to get back down to 52kg as I was a couple of years ago before I started walking less, driving more and eating more. I'm an apple shape I guess as in, I have slender legs and arms, a big chest and a bit of a muffin top and belly. I love running and do my local parkrun every week. I've got a gym membership and am just discovering that I enjoy 'having a go' on the machines, especially the weights and cross trainer but I still feel very dis-organised with it and without a routine I don't commit to going more than once a week and don't know if I'm making the most of my time in there. I'd like to go most days after work but need some help and advice on what to do while I'm there (how much weight? which machines? for how long? how many reps?) Is this the kind of stuff the staff can help me with? It said when I joined in October that my membership includes a 'training programme' but I haven't yet had the confidence to ask about some tailored advice as I wasn't sure if this is the kind of thing they would advise me on. The other barrier is that all the gym staff I see when I am there are male and I'm a little shy I guess about asking advice on keeping a firm bum, belly and chest. I think I'm just after some reassurance :-)

Thanks a lot for reading!

Replies

• jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    take a look into starting strength, strong lifts, or new rules on lifting. all are solid beginner programs that will teach you everything you need to get going.