Would the Polar FT60 fit an obese man?

Options
I would like to buy my husband this for Father's Day but would hate to get it for him if the chest strap wouldn't fit. I have looked online and can't find anything about how large the strap is. He carries most of his weight around the middle...like a large tire. Any large men out there use this?

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to that but check out the Shine. It can be worn as a necklace, wristband, or clip.

Edit, never mind, just realized I think you are looking for an HRM and I don't think the Shine is.
  • MasterIsaack
    Options
    If your husband has most of his weight around his stomach, he should be fine as you wear the HRM just below your pectoral muscles.

Check if the FT60's chest strap is elasticised, it will probably fit him if it is.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If your husband has most of his weight around his stomach, he should be fine as you wear the HRM just below your pectoral muscles.

Check if the FT60's chest strap is elasticised, it will probably fit him if it is.

He is large all the way up to his chest...he is obese.
  • MasterIsaack
    Options

He is large all the way up to his chest...he is obese.

Guess I didn't read what you said properly - sorry.

From looking around on the Polar website, you can always buy another strap if the original doesn't fit.. potentially it could be pricey.
    http://www.polar.com/uk-en/products/accessories/H1_heart_rate_sensor
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I got mine from an online site that when you place it in the cart you can upgrade the strap to a xxxl which at the time I got mine I was 560 lbs, and had a 78 inch waist and it fit.... If you would like the site just PM. me and I will send you the link. Best of Luck
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    My husband is 350 lbs, has been up to 400 lbs and has been able to fit the polar chest straps. We just bought an XL one I think for him.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This is where I purchased mine. It is a good price, and you can order a larger strap.

http://www.bodytronics.com/p/polar_heart_rate_monitors/POFT60
  • BreederUK
    BreederUK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes I have an FT80 they use the same chest strap.

I'm a morbidly obese man 5ft 8" weighing 300 pounds. It fits me so it should fit him!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yes I have an FT80 they use the same chest strap.

I'm a morbidly obese man 5ft 8" weighing 300 pounds. It fits me so it should fit him!

Great! He's 5' 9" and weighs less than 300, although he won't tell me how much...just that it's under 300. I just ordered it. I hope he likes it.

Thanks to all who replied!
  • tnorswor
    Options
    i'm a couple months late but the sell a xxxl version that should fit him. its a little harder to find but i got mine off of amazon. I order the chest strap separately.