How to cook without oil... Also, what's the healthiest oil?

Options
2»

Replies

• felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    I use Fry Light 1 calorie oil
    I have never heard of that. Is ti a spray?

Yeah,it's good
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    When it comes to vegs, I try to steam them or eat them raw whenever possible.

Otherwise, I put a bit of broth (low salt veg or chicken) in place of oil. Like for eggs, or stir fry. Just make sure you use the low sodium as broth has a TON of sodium in it and you'd end up retaining water, read, not lose weight.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Only oil I cook with is extra virgin organic coconut oil. I Love that stuff.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I pick my battles with oil. Things like hummus need oil. Need need need. Probably should use vegetable-based oils for that. Things like eggs in a pan do not, though things like eggplant in a pan do. Use things with appropriately high smoke points for this to avoid all those yummy carcinogens, even if appropriately high means eating some saturated fat. Yes, I've heard the spiel of saturated fat turning into cholesterol... which is a building block for Vitamin D. Go get some sunshine so you can turn that so-called "evil" stuff into something you need. It's pretty useful for cell walls too. Don't demonize fat. The brain goes through tons of the stuff too but don't go overboard with it either. Everything in moderation.