Hi! 15 pounds down by September challenge!

Options
Hi everyone!

I have tried with some success to lose weight. But recently I have gained back all but one pound. There just seems to be a barrier I can't break. I figured I would try and be more active in the community to see if the communal motivation is what I need to reach my goal. I'm committing to a healthy lifestyle until September and I have a plan set out. It's only about 15 weeks and I figure I can stick to that. If you want to lose a pound a week until September 30, let me know and I'll make a group for all of us!

Replies

• poohbertson
    poohbertson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week is a VERY reasonable goal. If you manage to put together a challenge - count me in.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I've got about that much to lose until my first final goal. If you pull up a challenge for it, I'm also in! It's about the rate I've been losing anyways. :)
  • jsawich
    jsawich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm trying to loose 20-30lbs before sept2, that's when I'm going to Vegas! I wanna loose 40lbs all together.
  • innakarpyuk
    innakarpyuk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i am in
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I JUST lowered my goal to 1 lb a week and it took a lot of stress off of me and has actually already made a HUGE difference I am actually exceeding my goals so much I will loose more but just the idea of not having such a huge goal has made me more dedicated and have so much more positive energy for this whole experience...in other words COUNT ME IN!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • pastorjeannemarie
    Options
    I've just signed up and would the support of working with a group toward a goal. 1 lb a week is what I entered when I signed up. So if I can figure this out, I'd like to join. Thanks.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • brzflapdx
    brzflapdx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What happens after September? The best approach is not to think about dieting, but to definitely have a healthy outlook on eating and lifestyle, but let that persist and be your new way of living. Then you will have confidence in maintaining whatever goals you set.
  • krysiep74
    krysiep74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My first goal is 50lbs by Dec so i will be in too
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    15 lbs is very reasonable, you can do it! Even more is definately possible too.

My advice is to lose that weight as slow and steady, make the most smallest change so your body has LOTS of chances to lose, and so plateaus won't come so easy,... ex 150 calories less every week, or burn an extra hundred calories a week..

Good luck!
  • skinnieboi
    skinnieboi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, that definitely sounds good. I'm in =)
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sound good to me. Count me in
  • jharms60
    jharms60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • Tminus18
    Tminus18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have 20-25 to lose and 15 pounds by September sounds like a great goal to start out with.
  • just2months
    just2months Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm so happy to see all the enthusiasm. I've invited you all to the group so please come on over! I'm so excited for this :)
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    Count me in!
  • michellelynne777
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge as well! I'm in!
  • just2months
    just2months Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @Michellelynne777
    @jwooley13

Got you guys in! :)
  • redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Add me too please!!! :) 15lbs is exactly what I need to lose and September sounds reasonable!!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Please count me in too!!