Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What to do when you are hungry...

Hi all,

I have gained a couple of pounds in the past weeks, and noticed my appetize has significantly increased. Sometimes I am hungry in the middle of the day. What should I do when this happens:

First Option: I eat something (healthy or unhealthy) and I dont care because I want to gain weight.
Second Option: I am serious and wait for breakfast/lunch or dinner.

Jamal

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    I don't understand - you want to gain weight?

just have a coffee/tea/hot cocoa with artificial sweetener, eat a large carrot, or harden up.

that is all.
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    You could just re-jig your meal plan so that you have a planned healthy snack between meals?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    you shouldn't really be hungry while bulking. that's a rare case.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Hi all,

I have gained a couple of pounds in the past weeks, and noticed my appetize has significantly increased. Sometimes I am hungry in the middle of the day. What should I do when this happens:

First Option: I eat something (healthy or unhealthy) and I dont care because I want to gain weight.
    Second Option: I am serious and wait for breakfast/lunch or dinner.

Jamal

Jamal, I'm missing the issue here.
    As stated, you want to gain weight. Also, you are hungry.
    You listed option 1 as: Eat something.

Go with that.
    There is no need for option 2.
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    You could just re-jig your meal plan so that you have a planned healthy snack between meals?

This is what I do. It does the trick.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Have some fresh garden salad with lite Italian dressing (only 20 calories). It's really good
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    You're trying to gain weight. Eat. So long as you're hitting your nutrition goals, eat what you enjoy.

I snacked on cold rare steak all the time when I bulked. Or leftover pizza, ice cream, salad with blue cheese dressing, a potato with greek yogurt, a protein shake.....
  • foxsylph
    foxsylph Posts: 54 Member
    You are hungry. You want to gain weight. Win-win. Feeeeeed!
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    This healthy-snack-stuff won't supress appetite unless it high protein and/or fat, and low-carb.
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    When I first started bulking after cutting for a fair while, I was so hungry all the time. The 3500 calories a day didn't feel like enough. I had to make an effort not to over-eat.

Now over 4 months into bulking, some days the thought of eating 3500 calories makes me sick lol

You might notice a similar thing, who knows, just thought I would put that out there.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Is this a trick question?
  • Jamal_Guildford
    Jamal_Guildford Posts: 214 Member
    thanks for your answer.

Two weeks ago I started adding two protein shake per day (one between breakfast and lunch, another in post work out). The thing is now I am so hungry between my breakfast and my protein shake.

Maybe if I eat more for breakfast (two toasts of peannut butter at the moment), I will not be hungry anymore... Think about adding a yoghurt or a fruit in my breakfast.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    thanks for your answer.

Two weeks ago I started adding two protein shake per day (one between breakfast and lunch, another in post work out). The thing is now I am so hungry between my breakfast and my protein shake.

Maybe if I eat more for breakfast (two toasts of peannut butter at the moment), I will not be hungry anymore... Think about adding a yoghurt or a fruit in my breakfast.

You could add a pastry or ice cream if you wanted to. The point is we can't give you personalized advice because your diary is closed, we don't know your stats, and your initial post and title were misleading.

Without being able to see your diary (list of foods and calorie/macro goals are hidden from us), all we can pretty much say is EAT! You're trying to gain weight so I fail to see a problem here.

Are you not gaining? Eat more.
    Are you looking for our permission? I hope not. That would be weird. :wink:
    Are you looking for snack ideas? Eat calorie dense foods that fit your macros.Protein is the hardest macro to hit (at least for me, it is) so try to make sure you hit that one. Try eating more fats. Add butter to oatmeal. Add avocado slices to a sandwich. Cook your veggies in olive oil. Eat a handful of nuts. Eat a scoop of Biscoff (my go-to sweet treat).

Good luck! :drinker: