Not losing weight no matter what!!

Hi guys , I dont log my exercise or meals here I do it separately on my phone so just please trust me on what I have to say. I gymed for 6 weeks and lost no weight, with a low cal diet and cardio everyday burnjng 450 cals a day. I got sick and had to quit gym. Thats just a bit about before now heres my actual question. My weight is currently 60.4kg and has been for a bit. Im 167 cm female. I burn 300 caloeies a day through walking 10k steps
On 26 may I started dieting, my tdee is 1900 and bmr is 1300 but I calculated my tdee with consideration that I'm only lightly active now since I can't gym. I eat a Strict 1300 calories a day, ask healthy and low fat and log EVERYTHING. It's been 2 weeks of dieting and I haven't lost any weight at all as I weighed in again today at the same scale etc. How come I am not losing weight despite the deficit in calories? I used to gym EVERYDAY and do intense work outs for 6 weeks with low cal diet and lost nothing so as you can imagine I'm frustrated as hell. But now I'm only dieting and walking so my question is despite the deficit why am I not losing weight? With a deficit of 600 a day I should be almost 0.5kg down but I'm not. Someone please help. Also I can't gym anymore as im too sick.

Replies

• smiles9090
    smiles9090 Posts: 14 Member
    Do you drink soda(fizzy drinks)? I'm wondering what type of foods are you eating?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    On here, there is no such thing as "trust me when I tell you." If you are not losing, you are most likely over estimating the number of calories you burn during exercise and under estimating the calories you consume. Since you do not log here, it's difficult for anyone to troubleshoot what is happening. All anyone can do is guess.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    It's two weeks dude give it some more time like six to eight weeks. Weight loss is not linear. You could be retaining water for any number of reasons, including the exercise itself causing you to retain water for muscle repair! This typically dissipates after about a month so hang in there
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member

I thought I had seen this before.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    2 weeks is not enough to see a result necessarily.

use a food scale to check you're portions are right.

start tracking of MFP.

long story short, either the weight loss is taking time to show up, or you are not at a deficit because you are logging incorrectly.

Log on MFP.
  • MelodyandBarbells

Holy ****. Maybe there was a point to making this new post I mean, how did people read the first one??
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    You are about 5'4" and weigh 133 pounds. This is normal bmi. To lose a few more vanity pounds will be very slow.
    You must very accurately weigh your food on a food scale and measure your liquids.
    Since you can't work out there is not much wiggle room.
    Also eat a mostly nutrient dense balanced diet.
    I'm sorry you're ill at this time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    167. Cm at 60 kg.... I wish... You do not need to lose any more. Probally why you are sick
  • JonathanJ1996
    JonathanJ1996 Posts: 8 Member
    to everyone saying that 2 weeks is not enough to see results, I say bull****! its losing weight, 2 weeks is clearly enough to see weight loss on the scale.... learn about how much food your body needs, track your calories, establish your true maintenance and create a deficit and when you're there, theres no way you'll not lose weight. If you are not losing weight its just because you dont know what/how much calories you have to take in order to lose weight, the title "Not losing weight no matter what" is ridiculous and wrong
  • MelodyandBarbells
    to everyone saying that 2 weeks is not enough to see results, I say bull****! its losing weight, 2 weeks is clearly enough to see weight loss on the scale.... learn about how much food your body needs, track your calories, establish your true maintenance and create a deficit and when you're there, theres no way you'll not lose weight. If you are not losing weight its just because you dont know what/how much calories you have to take in order to lose weight, the title "Not losing weight no matter what" is ridiculous and wrong

WTF? Women doing everything perfectly have reported gaining anywhere from 3-10 pounds due to their cycles. If you created enough of a deficit to lose 1/2 lb that week, what do you think the scale will show??
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member

Holy ****. Maybe there was a point to making this new post I mean, how did people read the first one??

Yeah, I couldn't read the first one. Hurt my brain.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    OP, you're approx. 5'5" and 132lbs (if I did my conversions correctly).
    I'm 5'7". And weigh 136. And I'm a trim size 4/6

You're already at a healthy weight. Perhaps calm down a bit?

Your previous post you were saying things like "for the love of god help me,!" I think you're overreacting.