New here

Options
Hello! I just started walking, as in yesterday, to feel better and get healthy. Weight loss would be a great side effect. My weight has fluctuated over the past few years, but recently I've gained over 20lbs over the course of about 3-4 months, for no apparent reason. My husband says he doesn't mind me at the weight I am at all, but I hate that none of my clothes fit (beyond sweat pants and tshirts) and it drives me nuts. I can't wear sweat pants all the time, as much as I would like to. lol

I have never exercised in my life, so I want to start out small. My friend and I will be walking at our local mall three times a week, for an hour each day. I may go by myself once or twice a week also. I'm just tired of feeling like a slug. I walked by myself yesterday and I felt GREAT afterward!! I couldn't believe that just a half an hour walk would do that to me. I have a few chronic health conditions that would benefit from me exercising, which is great. Plus, this gives me something to do as I recently lost my job and now have nothing to do other than take my son to and from school.

I posted this in the thread, but I'd like to join the November walking challenge, but I have NO idea how much to put as my goal. I have no idea what would be realistic for me. I'd like to start with a smallish goal so I don't get discouraged if I don't attain it. KWIM? Any suggestions? Thanks!!

I'm glad I found this place. :)

Replies

• jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 68
    Options
    welcome aboard, you will find this a great site. I to started using this site to help track cals and to get in better shape. I walk 3 times a week 1.5 miles or 30 mins. but have also started the C25K program which is done 3 days a week, tomorrow will be w1d1. Good luck and keep the spirit.