Nasty Prednisone!!!!!!!!

Options
I am 39 years old and have gained 100+ since nov of 2012, largely contributed to taking prednisone for psoriatic arthritis. I have alot of medical conditions and trouble and am bound and determined to get this weight off. i currently weigh 275 pounds (as of May 29th) I dont weigh again until this coming friday, but i do want to get to 150 pounds. My first goal of loss is 50 pounds by Dec 1st. For my family christmas trip to Disney. I am looking to make friends on here that also want to lose weight and can help encourage each other to meet our goals trough determination and the use of our tools

Replies

• ApronMom
    ApronMom Posts: 16
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend! Though I'm not on prednisone I do have arthritis, and can empathize with med issues (I take high doses of naproxin sodium and it causes me to retain pounds of water). I promise I'll encourage you all I can and I'm hoping you'll do the same.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I do sympathize. I was on prednisone for 2 years. I pulled myself off it though. I swear I ballooned up like a beached whale. Good luck to you, stay with the program, and stay in touch with friends. They are here to help .
  • krysiep74
    krysiep74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Most definately i will encourage you, That is the only way we will make it to really reach our goals. When it comes to the arthritis I am currently on Predinsone, , meloxicam, folic acid, and enbrel self injections. Against dr advise i have currently quit taking the prednisone. For exercise right now I am finding it the easiest on my body to do aqua classes. The are a great workout, burn a great number of calories and hour, and get you involved generally with pretty good ladies. I find myself now going to the pool and doing the same things as we do in classes. It is alot of fun
  • ApronMom
    ApronMom Posts: 16
    Options
    Guess I'm kind of lucky in that my arthritis is in my neck (along with 2 herniated disks as a result) so exercise isn't a huge issue unless I'm having a bad day then my head feels like it will explode. I mainly walk and 10 months ago took up karate with 2 of my 3 sons (I have a few restrictions). I live in a very small town in a very rural area so exercise choices are limited. My Doctor told me that weight loss is 30% exercise and 70% food so I don't feel so bad on days I don't feel up to doing it.