Slim, sexy legs?

Saxophone96
Saxophone96 Posts: 17
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Can someoe please tell me some exercises that will slim your thighs and tone calves? I har ugly man legs and I want them to be toned! Thighs are 22" and calves are a mere 15". And I hate to say this but they aren't muscle.
Guys, do you like small or bigger legs? :indifferent:

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Running/ jogging :)
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    For some of us, bigger legs is just how we are built. Even when I was running consistently 25+ miles a week and wearing a 4/6, I still couldn't find a pair of boots that would zip over my calves to save my life. I've come to recognize me that it is just the way God made me.

Now, my legs absolutely slimmed down when I was running, but never, ever, ever would they have been considered slim and sexy. My waist on the other hand is a whole different story. I have one of the tiniest waists I've ever seen - just the way I'm made......
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Work it out on the treadmill. Treadmill helps lengthen the legs. Incumbent bike makes legs look thicker and the rear look larger.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Can someoe please tell me some exercises that will slim your thighs and tone calves? I har ugly man legs and I want them to be toned! Thighs are 22" and calves are a mere 15". And I hate to say this but they aren't muscle.
    Guys, do you like small or bigger legs? :indifferent:

Also try yoga, pilates and dance movements, specially ballet. However, as another membersx said it all depends in genetic and the way we are.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member

Ditto. When I started running, my legs got very lean and my butt very firm and lifted. Nothing else has done this for me, no matter what exercise I did, even elliptical. I even grew an inch taller in measurements. I have defined outlined muscles in my legs.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Plyometrics!! Jump training gave me killer calves! And cardio will slim everything, so def. running which will tone your whole leg all over.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Appearance is what 1st attracts you to someone, but then it comes down to personality and what goes on inside that person, outside changes, inner being grows but never really changes. You are what you are, life experiances shape you as a person. The question ??? different for all women...understand????:wink:
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    ... I still couldn't find a pair of boots that would zip over my calves to save my life.

and I have one of the tiniest waists I've ever seen - just the way I'm made......

Same!! It's frustrating.
  • arp1217
    arp1217 Posts: 38 Member
    Swimming helps too cause it lengthens muscles as well
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member

Ditto. When I started running, my legs got very lean and my butt very firm and lifted. Nothing else has done this for me, no matter what exercise I did, even elliptical. I even grew an inch taller in measurements. I have defined outlined muscles in my legs.

I'm the same except for the getting taller part :P . My calves are staying the same size but muscle is replacing the fat. My thighs are slimming down and showing muscle underneath. I am also getting abs from running :D
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Work it out on the treadmill. Treadmill helps lengthen the legs. Incumbent bike makes legs look thicker and the rear look larger.

STair climbers and stair masters make the legs and butt look bigger as well.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    I am just built a little bottom heavy with junk in the trunk and thick thighs. However, I have lost some inches and toned up doing spinning classes, stair climber and leg weights (dead lifts, lunges and different variations of squats). I will never be able to fit in boots that go over the calf, so I guess I'll have to wait until that trend dies. I second what someone said about plyometrics. I may not have lost weight in my calves, but they look more toned after a good plyo workout.
This discussion has been closed.