If it fits, it sips??? (Coffee Creamer Question)

Options
Hey MFP Fam! I have what I thought was a simple question but now I'm sorta confused after reading another post in this forum about sugars.

I am a coffee-Holic!!! I make my own homemade chocolate raspberry creamer consisting of sweet cream, heavy whippin cream, chocolate syrup and raspberry syrup. About three weeks ago I just about all but cut those cups of coffee out of my diet in my futile attempt to lose some weight and get lean and mean. I set goals for myself and I naturally assumed that cutting out these cups of coffee totaling 360 calories, would be the first right step. I still drink them on the weekends though. I will admit, cutting them out sure freed up a lot of calories to eat good healthy food. However, after reading this other post about sugar I got all excited with the though I can have my coffee creamer back regularly (maybe just once in the morning or something) so long as it fits in my daily caloric requirements.

Is this true??? It seems so contradictory but I would love to find it to be true! My coffee is my sanity!!! My creamer is my little piece if Heaven!!!

I have the creamer listed in my good diary if anyone wants to check out it's nutrition facts. ;)

Replies

• weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just make sure you accurately measure all your ingredients. If you find your regular portion is too many calories, try cutting back to a smaller portion or using a substitute (e.g. sugar free syrup). No reason not to have things you enjoy.
  • ndepape
    ndepape Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, I love coffee and, yes, I love creamer (store-bought, self-made, whatever, depending on mood). It goes in my diary and takes up calories under SUGAR. What did this other post say?

Nadja
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I would say cut the amount down you use but don't eliminate it if you don't want to. No need to make yourself miserable!
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've found that sugar free, fat free pudding mix makes a very tasty substitute creamer...
  • mjdmom5
    mjdmom5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Research shows that people who maintain weight loss don't give up EVERYTHING. Everyone has foods that make them feel happy, that feel like a treat. You can't live your whole life without treats, and there is no reason to not to have a small number of those treats while you are losing weight. The sugar measure on MFP is really low. Some nutritionists say to stay under 20 g of ADDED sugar (not sugars from fruits, milk, etc) a day, but even that seems tough to me. Anyway, if it's once a day, I can't see how it will hurt.