Broken ankle:( Need Support

4tera
4tera Posts: 13 Member
Hello,
My name isTera. Brand new to MFP. Broke my ankle 2 weeks ago and went from 6 days of exercise to none. Quite a discouragment for me. The food app on this program is awesome. It makes everything so easy. I've never counted calories before, but I'm willing to start if it will help me get back on track. The exercise options are slim for me, but that will improve with time too.

Replies

• pastybuns
    pastybuns Posts: 81
    Sorry to hear about your ankle :[

Someone showed me this once. You might check it out. Sitting down cardio video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAeZZbpi8Ow
    They have others for sitting down too. Core conditioning, etc.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Count calories. Lee u do, less u need to eat. Grandparents.com for low impact, sitting exercises. I'm not joking.
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Im in the same boat (down to the break being 2 weeks ago!!)
    Im not an overly active person, but I typically walk every day and am bummed to not have the freedom to do so. I do have an aircast, but as of today my dr sent me back to a no weight bearing status. So frustrating.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Freind request sent;

I would suggest looking at kayaking. Good exercise and fun also. Burns tons of calories (well maybe not tons, but can get a 1500 calorie burn) in an afternoon of getting outside and enjoying some of the summer.

Hope this helped :-)

Hang in there I went missing 5 summers in a row because of injuries and cast every May/June timeframe.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Sorry about your ankle.

That said, are you able to do other exercises? Floor exercises that don't require your feet, rows, etc? If you're seeing a physical therapist, they may be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck to you, OP!
  • I have nerve damage in my left leg, the ongoing remnant of a sprained ankle last year (unusual, rare, and extreme case) so I've kinda found myself in the same boat. I never worked out, didn't need to, I worked for a small steel distributer (lots of hands on heavy lifting) and the wife and I pretty much enjoy all things outdoors, so we never quit movin til the sun went down. This year, I've packed on some POUNDS! But you're right, I'm finding a lot of help in the calorie counter, the app is nice and handy, and I've found a crazy amount of seated exercises you can do with resistance bands on youtube. Best of luck to you, keep hard at it!
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    I really sympathize with you. I went down a self pity spiral some years ago as I had a prosthetic attached. I am only just starting to get off my *kitten* and move around. The kayaking idea sounds really great....might just try that myself. Never tried swimming with my falsie before...hope I don't sink like a rock:laugh: