Adjusting Calories

Options
Does MFP adjust the daily calorie goal as weight is lost? I have lost 15 lbs since joining here and it hasn't changed

Replies

• zeussmith718
    zeussmith718 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    yes, go to settings>update diet
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Does MFP adjust the daily calorie goal as weight is lost? I have lost 15 lbs since joining here and it hasn't changed

It's supposed to do it automatically if it's been 10 lbs lost since you last adjusted it. If you're like me and you're playing with your goals settings all the time, MFP would never have a chance to change it

PS: I kept checking your diary days to see what your target was set to because I was too lazy to do the math and subtract out your exercise calories. I was looking for a day without exercise calories logged. I hit back button to previous days till my finger hurt. I gave up :tongue:
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I don't adjust my nutritional settings until my progress is inhibited. If what you are doing is working, stick with it (assuming that it is not extreme calorie deficits and hours of cardio/day, just needs to be healthy). If you are still losing 1-2 lbs/week, then rock on.

Allan
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't adjust my nutritional settings until my progress is inhibited. If what you are doing is working, stick with it (assuming that it is not extreme calorie deficits and hours of cardio/day, just needs to be healthy). If you are still losing 1-2 lbs/week, then rock on.

Allan

with only 24lbs to go 2lbs a week is a bit agressive...at this point why not switch it up to 1/2-1lb a week...

I set my goals as custom so it doesn't matter for me...but if you rely on MFP then yes for each 10lbs you should be adjusted in calorie goals...it always did it for me by decreasing them until I changed my weekly weight loss goal to 1/2lb a week.