Still eat even if I am not hungry?

Options
Hey everyone,

Lately I have not been feeling hungry and what is interesting is that my stomach has not been growling much. For the past few days, I have been counting my calories and it is really really below my required calorie intake. I know that "starving myself" slows my metabolism down but I do not feel like forcing myself to eat.

Should I still eat even though I am not hungry?

Replies

• Jaine86
    Jaine86 Posts: 36
    Options
    I've been told yes, to keep the metabolism going. 3 meals a day is fine according to a show I watched yesterday however other maybe a little more informed then me?
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    How much is 'really really below', and what is your goal? The answer is probably that you should eat more, but it depends on this.... Hunger cues are not a good indicator of whether or not you are getting enough nutrients.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so we can't see what you are eating, but if you're not hungry enough to eat more, then try to eat more calorie dense foods. If you're coming in way under your calories every day, then swap out a salad lunch for a peanut butter sandwich. Full fat cheese, mayo, salad dressing instead of the light versions. Munch a handful of nuts- 200 calories worth of nuts will not make any noticable dfference in your hunger level, but will add calories and good fats. Your body does need a certain amount of fuel just to run basic functions, so hitting your goal (especially if it's low) is important.