Keepin the girls alive!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I definitely want to get my whole body in shape and feel strong everywhere, but.........One area I really want to make sure is doing what it should is The Ladies! My friend lost about 100 lbs a year or so ago and she says now her girls are all saggy. I do not want that to happen. I have a rather large chest and I can't wait to wear smaller bras, but what exercises should I be doing to keep them from turning into empty water baloons! Sorry for the bluntness. . . I feel it's important!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't choose where you lose fat. If your body picks your boobs, they're gonna go.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If you lose enough weight, they WILL get smaller, and they WILL get saggier. To what extent will depend on your genetics and skin elasticity. Sorry. It happens to the best of us. Start saving for surgery now, if it bothers you that much. :flowerforyou:
  • katlynrose85
    Options
    Arent there chest exercises you can do to help a little?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Nope. Breast tissue sits on TOP of muscle, so any exercises you do will have little to no impact on how your boobs look.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Pick good parents. Other than that there's nothing you can do.

BringBack6.jpg
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options

Nope. Breast tissue sits on TOP of muscle, so any exercises you do will have little to no impact on how your boobs look.

Too true. Breasts have no muscle.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I second all the above...I opted to buy back what I lost. :ohwell:
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I love when hot babes start with the boob talk...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Mine look wayyy better than I thought they would, but I think it was just luck/genes.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You can mitigate -some- of it by doing chest centric exercises. But the effect is minimal.

If it is important to you and your self esteem, start saving for a breast lift.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Mine lifted a bit and got firmer after I started lifting. I think it's mostly the bench press that's having the effect. It probably won't make a huge difference, but strengthening the muscle underneath can't hurt, and it might help some.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have practically no boobs so can't comment on that. However I can recall years ago stating to my SO at the time that I was worried about losing weight in case my stomach went saggy.

He looked at me with the crazy talk it was & stated 'Ok, so you're not going to do it JUST IN CASE then?!'

He had a good point! Don't worry about something that hasn't happened yet OP it may not be an issue at all.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights (something like Strong Lifts) will just make the whole chest area look better. I have pec-cleavage. So yeah, it won't lift and/or fill the boobs but if the the muscle around the boobs remains/ gets firmer (and maybe bigger) overall the area will look better (especially with a bra or swim suits, and really the number of people who see me without one of those is 'um, 1).
  • katlynrose85
    Options
    Alrighty then! Thanks guys. Glad to clear that up. Guess I wont worry about it then! Darn boobs! lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It seems the muscle may have some effect (maybe just if boobs aren't large). When I am lifting weights and my muscles are flexing it pushes my breasts out. My breasts are perky, though. I think weights and pushups or bench press are worth a shot.
  • katlynrose85
    Options
    It seems the muscle may have some effect (maybe just if boobs aren't large). When I am lifting weights and my muscles are flexing it pushes my breasts out. My breasts are perky, though. I think weights and pushups or bench press are worth a shot.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I guess anything that helps! Thanks!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Work your pecs. Push-ups, bench pressing etc. Keep your muscles healthy and big so they can hold up the boobs.
  • Chibimii
    Chibimii Posts: 16
    Options
    Building the muscles behind your breasts help for women with smaller boobs to make them appear bigger. Sadly it won't help too much for those with bigger boobs.

My best advice is lose weight slowly so the skin has time to retract some. If you get thin too fast you can leave a lot of excess skin hanging in your stomach area. I assume it would be the same with your boobs. So try not to lose too fast. Either way just keep an eye one them.