DIdn't lose weight!

Options
Hello guys!

I lost about 15 pounds with just diet and I started working out two weeks ago. Running three times a week and the 30 days shred 3 times a week.

I weighed myself after two weeks and my weight hasn't changed... what happened?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    When you start a routine, the drop is generally fast and huge. It tapers down after a while.
    It's only been two weeks. Weight loss isn't linear. Just keep doing what you're doing, and if after a month you're still stalled, re-evaluate your calories, and make sure your food logs and exercise burns are accurate.

Do you have a food scale? How do you log exercise? Have you inputted your info correctly into the site, so you have an appropriate deficit plan?
  • lariskeafval
    lariskeafval Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When you start a routine, the drop is generally fast and huge. It tapers down after a while.
    It's only been two weeks. Weight loss isn't linear. Just keep doing what you're doing, and if after a month you're still stalled, re-evaluate your calories, and make sure your food logs and exercise burns are accurate.

Do you have a food scale? How do you log exercise? Have you inputted your info correctly into the site, so you have an appropriate deficit plan?

I weigh my food very carefully but I don't really log my exercise.. I'm only eating 1100 calories a day with 6 times exercise a week.. how much should I really eat?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    1,100 calories is pretty low, and if you are not eating your exercise calories back, you aren't netting a healthy amount for the day. This can also stall weight loss, since you aren't properly fueling your body.
    I would recommend following the plan that MFP set up for you when you punched in your info into the site. It builds in your deficit for you, and also expects you to eat some/all exercise calories back to make a healthy net for the day.
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Both the initial post and the post re supplements are trolling. Both the same person?:grumble:
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I lost maybe 1 lb while completing the 30 Day Shred, but I lost inches and felt overall healthier and stronger. Weight loss, while great, shouldn't be your only measure for success. :flowerforyou:
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? sometimes the scale doesn't drop even when your body is changing shape. 1100 calories a day is ridiculously low especially if you are exercising a lot. If you aren't losing you may be eating more than you think, not burning as much as you think or a combination of the two, but if it's only been a couple of weeks since you last dropped, I wouldn't worry all that much - a couple of months, yes, something is wrong - a couple of weeks? not so much a lot of things could factor in - water retention, eating too much sodium, time of day you are weighing etc etc.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    OP a lot of that first initial weight drop is water weight. I lost 6lbs in the first week of my T25 workout. I expect it to slow down to about a pound a week if that. But I do recommend eating more than the 1100. I have mine set at 1450 and I do not eat my workout calories back.