First time posting - Rewards?

Options
I found a cute means of motivating myself on Pinterest. It's a colorful chart where you cross out the pounds as you lose them, with several mini goals between the starting weight and the ultimate goal weight.
The only problem is I'm having a hard time coming up with means of rewarding the mini goals (I'm about 10 lbs from the first goal). I want it to be something to really look forward to so that it does motivate but the sample on Pinterest had things that didn't really apply to me - like getting a belly button ring.
Anyone have any good suggestions?

Replies

• THICKandFIT
    THICKandFIT Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Some rewards I've given myself include a new hairstyle, mani/pedi, and new gym shoes. I think I'll get a massage when I get to 40lbs lost. Doesn't that sound lovely?
  • AmandaLeighisme
    AmandaLeighisme Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Actually, my mom's best friend is a masseuse so a massage does sound nice. I may have that for a bigger goal. :)
    My goals are as follows:
    - BMI is under 30
    - 30 lbs lost
    - 40 lbs lost
    - BMI is under 25
    - Ultimate goal weight [~136]
    Currently the only goal I have right now is getting a somewhat pricey perfume I really like for hitting the ultimate goal.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Rewards have to be things that you get excited about: for some it's massages, mani/pedi, salon/hair appointments. For others it's new workout clothes, new shoes (athletic or otherwise), jewelry/purse, or even getting a particular DVD/game or seeing a movie out.
    Totally up to you- but it's a little self-defeating for it to be food for obvious reasons.
  • AmandaLeighisme
    Options
    For sure about the food. I've been good about not wiping everything I love out of my diet though so I don't know that food rewards would work anyways, I already eat yummy things.
    The perfume is definitely good motivation for the end because I think it smells amazing. I just want a few smaller goals to help the long stretch seem less daunting.
    Does anyone have experience with clothing rewards though when it's a smaller milestone? That's my hesitation with clothing as rewards because I don't want to find an amazing dress or cute top somewhere in the midpoint and then end up with a shirt that I really loved but am now drowning in when I hit my goal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options
    I used to have great ones with my co workers from back in the day. One co worker, who had these ugly sideburns, bet with me who would do better at the end of the month in sales. If he won, he got to shave my head. If I won, I got to shave the side burns. I didn't care about the money, all I cared about was shaving them damn side burns off. And I did. One of my greatest triumphs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AmandaLeighisme
    Options
    Thanks for some good ideas, guys!
    I'm liking the idea of accessories as rewards for the mini milestones. Shoes, purses, jewelry :)