reintroducing myself

Options
Hi.
i'm Ruth, i'm currently 33 and live in Cheshire in the UK. i have been a member of mfp for a long time but haven't actively used it for over a year. I decided to sign up to a commercial weight loss programme in the uk called slimming world and though it works and i lost almost 2 stone in that year i had various issues with aspects of the programme and kept finding myself rebelling against it and putting half of that back on and so i have decided to part ways with the programme and return to mfpand save my money. plus i missed you all.

so my goals are to lose weight, approx 35lb initially to get me to a point where i feel a lot more comfortable in my skin. i also want to imprive my fitness levels.

i like to cycle and have been increasing the milage this year to around 30miles for an average ride, unfortunately i've been off the bike for about 6 weeks due to tenonitis in my thumb which has prevented me from changing gear but i'm hoping to be back in the saddle this week because i'm starting to go stir crazy and i have a cycle leadership course (gives me a qualification and insurance to lead group rides) to complete at the start of jully and a 40 mile charity ride in september. i've also recently started playing netball which is a very quick reminder of how unfit i have got. hopefully my fitness will improveotherwise we are going to lose a lot of matches. i have been known to frequent the gym as well but i'm not currently a member.

the problems i face in reaching these goals are: i'm prone to injury but hopefully propper training and some self discipline will help overcome this. i like food and i'm prone to binge eating and secret eating (one of the reasons i have left slimming world is that they don't really do portion control, or address the emotional issues, but that could have just been my instructor which is a whole other story) so again i need some self discipline and possibly some sort of counselling. don't get me wrong i'm not a bullemic or anything like that but i have recently become aware that i have developed some disordered eating since being on sliming world which i would like to rectify BEFORE i fall onto a dangerous slippery slope.

im not expecting results overnight i'm not going to try and get results overnight i'm using mfp as a tool to identify triggers.

so yeah thats me i guess