Fiesta Bean Salad - from Skinnytaste.com

Options
baileysmom4
baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
I LOVE this! I added artichokes hearts also or in place of avocado. Also, I don't think it needs that much salt added to it. I would try 1/4 tsp. first and adjust if you want more.

Fiesta Bean Salad

Black beans, chick peas, tomatoes, cilantro and avocado are tossed with a cumin-lime vinaigrette – I love the bright, fresh flavors of this quick and easy salad! Perfect for lunch, Meatless Mondays, or even as a side dish with grilled steak, shrimp or chicken.
Something magical happens when you combine cumin, cilantro and lime juice. I can seriously add this to just about anything and be a happy camper.

I confess that I didn't always like beans in my salads, I think it's a texture thing because I love beans simmered in soups or with rice, but...
...add some avocados, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and cumin.... this is yumm-y!! What's more it's antioxidant rich, full of heart healthy fats, clean, and high in fiber which keeps you full and satisfied.
This serves four as a main dish, if you prefer to have this as a side dish, then it would easily serve 8.

Fiesta Bean Salad
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 4 • Size: little over 1 cup • Old Points: 7 • Weight Watcher Points+: 7 pt
Calories: 335 • Fat: 11.5 g • Carb: 47 g • Fiber: 15.5 g • Protein: 14 g • Sugar: 0.4 g
Sodium: 481.6 mg • Cholest: 0 mg

Ingredients

2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive
1 tsp cumin
pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup minced red onion, finely diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 medium avocado, diced

Directions
In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt.

Add the black beans, chickpeas, tomato, onion and cilantro; mix well. When ready to eat, gently mix in avocado and serve right away.

Makes 4 1/3 cups.